Zumba!

rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited April 6, 2011 in People
My wife is a professional belly dancer, and recently tried her hand at Zumba - she's now a licensed Zumba instructor too and we decided to do some studio shots to promote herself on her instructor profile page.

1236497811_sdXn9-M-1.jpg

1237017821_nRMxr-M-1.jpg

1237023365_BXsLM-M-1.jpg

(I don't normally like selective coloring, but it works to highlight Zumba here, I feel!)

Full gallery here

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    Is Zumba a form of Tribal?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    The shots are nice, but I think they're "tell" rather than "show" - as Rey's question demonstrates, if you don't know what it is already, the photos don't tell you. Is it possible to do some that are more action-ish shots, or in the setting the classes might take place to better show the viewer what it's about? That may not be necessary depending on how you plan to use the shots, but possibly worth considering thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    The shots are nice, but I think they're "tell" rather than "show" - as Rey's question demonstrates, if you don't know what it is already, the photos don't tell you. Is it possible to do some that are more action-ish shots, or in the setting the classes might take place to better show the viewer what it's about? That may not be necessary depending on how you plan to use the shots, but possibly worth considering thumb.gif

Have to agree.... Zumba is super fun... but she looks like she is there to model clothes, not get you to want to come and dance.
    I would suggest that you go to Zumba's website... they have some fun photos on there you can use for ideas.
  • rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    The goal was to promote her on the Zumba instructors network - not to the attendees, but to other teachers and Zumba fans - anyone who runs across these will already be extremely familiar with Zumba :)

We did do some motion shots (jumping, action) - those are in the gallery - and we have plans to shoot at the gym where she teaches in the future - these were in my home studio / dining room :D

thanks for the feedback everyone!