Winter is loosening its grip, finally

WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
edited April 7, 2011 in Landscapes
Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont
1240177456_4TbpP-XL.jpg

It's been a long, long winter in the north country and we still have snow flurries almost every day, but the ice is out of the rivers and streams and waterfalls are flowing free again.

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    Nice shot Werner thumb.gif
    I imagine those falls are going to be wild this Spring with all the snow melt/runoff... Do you have any idea when Moss Glenn is most photogenic in the Spring? Does anything flower/blossom around those falls??
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Nice shot Werner thumb.gif
    I imagine those falls are going to be wild this Spring with all the snow melt/runoff... Do you have any idea when Moss Glenn is most photogenic in the Spring? Does anything flower/blossom around those falls??

Thanks for your comment Eyal. Moss Glen is in a deep gorge and only gets a few hours of sunlight in the morning. The trees won't green up until mid May but some of the ground cover will start earlier. I've not seen many flowers down there. Some of the wetlands in the Gap will have some flowers but the falls area is as you see it, rocky.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    Thanks for the info Werner!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    I love how sharp this shot is! Goes very well with the soft water.
  • LindiweLindiwe Registered Users Posts: 606 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    Love this shot.
    I think you have the waterfall exposed absolutely perfectly. The water still looks like it has movement, yet also has some of the misty silkiness of a long exposure.
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    Thank you for your comments, schmoo and Lindiwe