Options

Lightroom, Smugmug, Facebook

jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited April 12, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Does anyone here use Lightroom to publish your photos both to Smugmug and to Facebook? Is there a simple way to streamline the publishing process so that people who find their photos thru Facebook can quickly and easily click thru to Smugmug to purchase prints? Is there a way, thru Lightroom, to "tag" the photos so that they get uploaded to facebook already tagged for the people who are shown, or do you have to do this manually on the Facebook website after you upload the photos?

Thanks!

jc
JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
"Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

Comments

• Options
    OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    I publish directly to galleries I use frequently using Lightroom, for example my 365 project. For one time upload to client galleries I just export and upload using the standard uploader in the browser after creating the gallery.

As a note I don't use Lightroom's built in Smugmug uploader. I still use Jeffery Freidl's plugin and find it suits my needs. I tried the built in SmugMug uploader when LR3 came out and found it buggy. I have not retried it yet.
  • Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2011
    Automations like you ask about do not exist. You still need to tag people manually, and provide a link to your smug gallery if you want to cross-promote. Like Chris, I also use the Friedl plugins (for FB and Smug) and love them.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter