Options

I don't understand days for proofing

kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited April 8, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I would assume that "days for proofing" would allow me to upload small size photos for the gallery and then when clients select the images they'd like...I can replace them with the full print size file.

But apparently that's not the case because when you upload web size files it blocks them from ordering larger print sizes.

I only upload processed images...never RAW. So what does the days for proofing option do for me? I want to be able to quickly create galleries...but I can't do that if I always have to upload full file sizes.

If the days for proofing is set...I should be able to upload a smaller file and then swap it out after the order is made. Otherwise...what's the point?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    Hi, you can upload smaller files - but they must be at least as large in pixels as the largest size you wish to print - that's how our system works. Many folks like me who shoot tons, will also smash the files (compress them a lot) they still look great on screen, and upon order, you can replace the files with full-res, non compressed jpgs ready for print.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    kevingeary wrote: »
    I would assume that "days for proofing" would allow me to upload small size photos for the gallery and then when clients select the images they'd like...I can replace them with the full print size file.

But apparently that's not the case because when you upload web size files it blocks them from ordering larger print sizes.

I only upload processed images...never RAW. So what does the days for proofing option do for me? I want to be able to quickly create galleries...but I can't do that if I always have to upload full file sizes.

If the days for proofing is set...I should be able to upload a smaller file and then swap it out after the order is made. Otherwise...what's the point?

Proof delay gives you one chance to fix mistakes or make changes before the order is placed. You can correct your customer's cropping or replace the uploaded photo with another version in a different crop ratio that fits the paper better. Definitely use proof delay.

Dave