FS: Brand New Canon 5d Mark ii w/ 24-105mm lens!

ken2008liuken2008liu Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 21, 2011 in House of Canon
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Hey up for sale is a barley used Canon 5D Mark II I got as a gift. I do not use it too much these day so it is up for sale for a reasonable price!

This set comes with:

-- body cap
-- neck strap
-- manuals
-- 1 x CD
-- warranty card
-- USB & TV cables
-- battery LP-E6
-- brand new universal battery charger ( plugs to the wall, car or USB port to your computer)
--canon 24-105mm lens
-- original box

PRICE: $2850 SHIPPED

photos will be added soon!!!

PAYMENT: I accept Money order, PP echeck, cash, regular but I prefer payment through PayPal (+3%)

Please pm me if you have any questions!
[/FONT]

PHOTOS...(wow so many comments.)

canon.jpg

IMG_20110412_124827.jpg

IMG_20110412_124831.jpg

coo.jpg

Comments

• macthenhanmacthenhan Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    Per the PM, you said the camera and lens is still in a sealed box, never used. If is still in the sealed box, so how do you know the neck strap is without words 5D Mark II on it? I'm very confusing. Can you be more specs.
  • ken2008liuken2008liu Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 8, 2011
    I am sorry for the typo the strap does have the canon mark ii written on it sorry about that!
    edited April 8, 2011
    photos will be added soon!!!

Have not seen the photos yet???
    edited April 9, 2011
    To all the member,

Beware to this scammer ken2008liu. If you need more info, let me know. I don't know if it OK to post his scam PM here.
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    macthenhan wrote: »
    To all the member,

Beware to this scammer ken2008liu. If you need more info, let me know. I don't know if it OK to post his scam PM here.

DoctorIt is the mod for this forum & both he & the support staff should be notified of any issues. All the reason why I will never purchase or sell items to a member that isn't well established. The OP had two posts as Dgrin member!!!
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
  • SVFocusSVFocus Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Is it brand new or barely used?
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    SVFocus wrote: »

Which would you prefer?....since you ain't getting it anyway! rolleyes1.gifbarb
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    SVFocus wrote: »

Why would you reply to the condition if it has been identified as a potential scam? ne_nau.gif
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
    edited April 10, 2011
    Why would you reply to the condition if it has been identified as a potential scam? ne_nau.gif

The OP said he will not selling his camera to DG member any more, due to I scared out the hell of him. He will put it on eBayrolleyes1.gif.
  • Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    The OP said he will not selling his camera to DG member any more, due to I scared out the hell of him. He will put it on eBayrolleyes1.gif.

I agree....the just screams Scam!!!!:beatwax
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 11, 2011
    DoctorIt is the mod for this forum & both he & the support staff should be notified of any issues. All the reason why I will never purchase or sell items to a member that isn't well established. The OP had two posts as Dgrin member!!!
    And the accuser has all of 19 posts... who do I believe???

Folks - While I do clean up around here, I do not "police" the flea market. It is up to all of you to communicate and protect yourselves. With that in mind, it is completely unfair to start labeling folks as "scammers" based on another users interaction. I have no idea what mac and ken exchanged via email (nor do I care, please do not forward the details to me), and therefore I can and will not make any judgments.

Please keep private interactions just that, private.

Further "finger-pointing" posts will be deleted.

Thank you,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited April 11, 2011
    DoctorIt wrote: »

Folks - While I do clean up around here, I do not "police" the flea market. It is up to all of you to communicate and protect yourselves. With that in mind, it is completely unfair to start labeling folks as "scammers" based on another users interaction. I have no idea what mac and ken exchanged via email (nor do I care, please do not forward the details to me), and therefore I can and will not make any judgments.

Thank you,

One didn't need to take into account what some PM said.....I didn't.

The OP contradicted himself. :D
    FS: Brand New
    I do not use it too much
    edited April 11, 2011
    DoctorIt wrote: »

Thank you,

Yes, I have only 19 posts. Due to I'm not here very often. But I have 100% positive feedback at POTN & FM under the same name.
    edited April 11, 2011
    Yes, I have only 19 posts. Due to I'm not here very often. But I have 100% positive feedback at POTN & FM under the same name.
    Exactly my point. Don't judge anyone by post count, and/or by what someone (anyone) else posts about him/her alone.
    Erik

edited April 12, 2011
    ken2008liu wrote: »
    this camera has never/barley has been used at all.

Pick one! It can't be both.rolleyes1.gif
    edited April 12, 2011
    has never been used for a single picture but the camera has been held out of the box to look at
    edited April 12, 2011
    Ken, I deleted one of your posts. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, this goes for everyone.
    Erik

• JustinThymeJustinThyme Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    has never been used for a single picture but the camera has been held out of the box to look at

Im a bit confused as others are evidently. You have now introduced another possibility into the mix so which is it.

1) Brand new
    2) Barely used ("I dont use it too much these days")
    3) New but opened to look at

Honestly I find #1 and #3 not very credible. with #2 being the most likely of the 3 if that is even plausible. The embedded dust in the rubber if the grip, missing factory screen protectors, the mounted lens and other subtle things in the blurry photos clearly negates new or only opened for inspection.

People wont try and beat your price down just becuase it was barely used if that is a true statement. They will however not buy at all if there is the slightest hint of a less than accurate description. Speaking only for myself of course if I see just a single thing that looks to be questionable I move on and look for something else as with a single evident omission it leaves one to ponder how many more are to follow that were not evident and being concealed. ne_nau.gif
    Canon CPS Gold Member
    edited April 19, 2011
    Hi the camera has never been used, only taken out of the box. There is no dust on the rubber grip, and this camera did not come with a screen protector. I can take other photos if you guys need me too. For the last time I am not a scammer and only wish to sell this camera and my macbook pro on this website to save up money for a new mac pro. Please ask me any questions of the camera and I will clear up any concerns that leads you to believe I am a fraud.
  • sunshinesdgsunshinesdg Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    Hi the camera has never been used, only taken out of the box. There is no dust on the rubber grip, and this camera did not come with a screen protector. I can take other photos if you guys need me too. For the last time I am not a scammer and only wish to sell this camera and my macbook pro on this website to save up money for a new mac pro. Please ask me any questions of the camera and I will clear up any concerns that leads you to believe I am a fraud.

So you said you are not scammer? Can you explain what had happened here??? You expected me to send you $2850 and do not wish, or refuse to speak to me over the phone. Are you kidding me or what???

**MOD EDIT: no sharing of PM's, thank you**
    edited April 20, 2011
    So you said you are not scammer? Can you explain what had happened here??? You expected me to send you $2850 and do not wish, or refuse to speak to me over the phone. Are you kidding me or what???
    It is well within anyone's rights to not speak with you over the phone. The seller laid out his terms, if you are not happy, simply move on. That was, is, and always will be the policy here.
    Erik

• sunshinesdgsunshinesdg Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2011

**MOD EDIT: no sharing of PM's, thank you**

Sorry Mod,

Just don't want DG members get rob.
  • Silverfox1Silverfox1 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    Im new here on this forum but have very good feedback on POTN, FM, & E-bay.

So is it against the rules of this Forum to request thru a PM to the seller or buyer his or her Full Name, Residence Address, & telephone number contact ?

If a seller is not willing to provide that info to me when i am more then willing to do so mine, i agree suspicion arises.

Funny i just posted this scenario in the " Pay-Pal Gift Option " thread.

All i need to circumvent a shady seller or buyer is the 3 items i mentioned above and find out pertinent information about the member to either consider the item or steer clear.

Regards,
    edited April 20, 2011
    Silverfox1 wrote: »
    So is it against the rules of this Forum to request thru a PM to the seller or buyer his or her Full Name, Residence Address, & telephone number contact?
    No, it isn't.

In fact, there's really only one rule: we provide a forum, the rest is up to you; Dgrin does not get involved with the actual buying or selling.

Folks, see above, if you don't like Ken, you don't have to buy from him. With that said, let's let him have his thread back, OK? There has been an excessive amount of judging going on here.

thanks,
    Erik

edited April 20, 2011
    +1 ^^^^

I agree and Thanks for clearing that up and being specific.

Regards, :D
  • JustinThymeJustinThyme Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2011

Im not one to bust chops but the embedded dust is clearly visible in one of the photos even though it is blurry. They all come from the factory with a plastic film over the LCD screens. Not calling you a scammer, just that your descriptions and posts are contradicting and each post gets more contradicting. If you want to prove its never been used then download EOSinfo , turn on the camera connected to the PC with a usb cable and launch the software then post the screen shot.

Its harder and harder to get established these days especially with the first and only posts here being in the flea market section. Refusing to give out contact information only fans the flames, people will feel more at ease talking to someone on the phone than just spending this kind of cash and buying pretty much at this point words on a web page. Another thing that is making it difficult is recently the scammers have come out of the woodwork on many photog sites posting up high dollar items, almost always camera bodies, with no other activity on the website. Another alternative is to offer to send the camera first for inspection to well established members, this will put you at less of a risk than what other members are being asked to take by sending this much money to an unestablished member with no feedback anywhere. I have done this many times with members elsewhere who were new and the only ones who refused were eventually proven to be scammers. I bought a 400 2.8L IS not long ago for $6K that was sent to me for inspection before payment by a new member on another site and now that member is established and well trusted. He gave me all of his contact info including his work email and work phone number in addtion to his home information. This proved he had nothing to hide and I called him at work.

Just food for thought, not calling it one way or another but offering advice on getting established. One other thing that helps is a photo of the gear with a dated newspaper and a piece of paper with your username on it to prove you actually have possesion of the gear and not just posting pictures from a listing on ebay. (yes it has been done and just recently at POTN and FM with a 1Ds MKIII)
    Canon CPS Gold Member
    edited April 21, 2011
    FYI, I contacted Ken and he responded and submitted his full name, address, & cell ph. contact number to me.

Although we could not come to terms on a price for the 5D MKII body only, Ken IMO is simply an individual attempting to sell an item for the 1st time on one of the forums. His English typing skills might be lacking slightly, and while i cant speak for how some folks might be deciphering & labeling some of his post comments as contradictory, the final decision is as the moderator & the forum rules apply. It is between the buyer & seller and no one else through the PM channel communication provided by the forum.

Regards, thumb.gif