Fishing for light

oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited April 8, 2011 in Landscapes
Hi all
just dropping in to tell you all that i am getting a good feel for the new nifty fifty. I thought you all would like to see one of my compositions. Let me know if you like it or hate it.
5599420474_a89e22522c_z.jpg
Fishing for light. by OakField Photography, on Flickr

Regards
Patrick.:D

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    I really like the composition, the boat and the old tree and the tree reflection are very cool. there is even a reflection of the moon in the boat, that is sweet. I wish I could see a larger version as this appears to have some areas that are blurred?? Where you using a shallow DOF? Great IR shot nevertheless. at least I'm assuming its IR.
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    I really like the composition, the boat and the old tree and the tree reflection are very cool. there is even a reflection of the moon in the boat, that is sweet. I wish I could see a larger version as this appears to have some areas that are blurred?? Where you using a shallow DOF? Great IR shot nevertheless. at least I'm assuming its IR.

Thanks for your kind words Doug.
    No this shot is not IR. I took this photograph last night just a mile down the road from where i live. I painted the boat with a ledlenser p7 torch.
    Exposure was set at 10 seconds i think. I processed the image through raw and tried to set the colours right. boosting some and lowering others.
    I then opened the raw file directly in cs5 and went to the image size tab and changed the image down to 10% of its original value and then added my watermark. I then saved it for web. However i tried to save the full sized image for web in cs5 and it was too much for my memory on this old laptop.
    I was in contact with Eric Curry who has done some fantastic work with old planes, cars , trains ectra and this is the direction i feel that i would like to follow for the moment. I suppose like a child we all have our phases to go through and this is mine. I just bought this Canon 50mm 1.8 lens and i am sxperimenting with it for the moment. I find it is very sharp and i do sometimes have to pull it back in raw. Where else would you get a mad Irishman standing at the edge of a lake at night when everyone else is safely tucked up in bed. But as you know Doug, it is either in you or its not. Unfortunatly i am full of it. lol
    Take care

Patrick:D