E.L. Cord Estate and a 1929 L-29 Cord

DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited April 8, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Keeping in pace with Black Mamba.... he mentioned E.L. Cord's name in his recent post of the An Ultra-Rare Duesenberg Race Car

E.L. Cord's estate in Auburn, Indiana is pictured below with an Auburn and a 1929 L-29 Cord

If picture shows.... :clap If not; give it time... someone forgot to renew their domain name :scratch

993759001_pmCpV-M.jpg

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    Nice shot, David.....and interesting to see Cord's place. Do any of the Cord decendents have anything to do with ACD activities?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    What a great week for photograph's...I didn't even know this was his house. I enjoyed looking through your site at all these awesome cars....hope to see you up there this year.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    Nice shot, David.....and interesting to see Cord's place. Do any of the Cord decendents have anything to do with ACD activities?

Tom

The ACD Club President is E.L. Cord's grandson. You really need to join the club and also hang out at http://www.acdclub.org even if not a member of the club.

J Allen - Klinks house on Main was Roy Faulkners house. Just down the road from it and on the other side of the street is Gordon Buerhigs. The bookstore downtown/coffee/barber across from the Auburn Hotel was Eckharts house at one time. The Green house on St Rd 8 / Indiana Ave - use to be a funeral home, that to was E.L. Cord's when he first move to Auburn (I was told).

This coming June is the ACD Club Warm-up meet. Send me a private message and I'll let you know the dates or stop by my house; according to google maps we live about 4 inches from each other in town. rolleyes1.gif
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    I thought about adding some shrubbery at the back of the house hiding the newer car and the people and making it a black and white print. Might still do that, just haven't yet.