Canon EOS 20D Iso Problem

silent31silent31 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 9, 2011 in Cameras
Hi everyone!
Does anyone know how to fix my problem with ISO! (I Think so):dunno
The last time when I set ISO to 3200, I took some pictures then I can't change the ISO anymore, as same as the LCD screen was in black.....I tried to see back my picture, but it can't as well.
However today, when I get out the BIOS battery, just put the main battery in, then I can see the Menu display on the screen, but if I press the ISO button.....It will back to the previous problem! Even if I clear all system and custom setting, Everything is still the same!
Can any one help me please....I really need it to do my assignment!
Thank you and appreciate for all of your help

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    silent31 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Does anyone know how to fix my problem with ISO! (I Think so)ne_nau.gif
    The last time when I set ISO to 3200, I took some pictures then I can't change the ISO anymore, as same as the LCD screen was in black.....I tried to see back my picture, but it can't as well.
    However today, when I get out the BIOS battery, just put the main battery in, then I can see the Menu display on the screen, but if I press the ISO button.....It will back to the previous problem! Even if I clear all system and custom setting, Everything is still the same!
    Can any one help me please....I really need it to do my assignment!
    Thank you and appreciate for all of your help

Welcome to Dgrin (another member in Australia!:D).

Can't help with these issues. But someone will, sure! Apart from what you have done already, it's suggested to clear image count. Try also resetting all to factory defaults and then reupload firmware.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • silent31silent31 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 8, 2011
    I also thought about reupload firmware but i can't turn on lcd screen and the camera can't connect to my laptop! Even i changed to ptp setting. I can't chang anything at the moment
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    silent31 wrote: »
    I also thought about reupload firmware but i can't turn on lcd screen and the camera can't connect to my laptop! Even i changed to ptp setting. I can't chang anything at the moment

"when I get out the BIOS battery, just put the main battery in, then I can see the Menu display on the screen"

Does this not happen now? If you have access to the menu you can reset to factory defaults and reinstall firmware.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • silent31silent31 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 9, 2011
    The problem is menu only display in couple second! Then it will auto turn off and look like the system slow down all thing! That is the time i can't change or press anything
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    Sounds like you need to send it in to Canon. If it's your only body and you've got an important shoot, you're gonna have to rent (or borrow).
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited April 9, 2011
    The first thing i would suggest is replacing your CMOS backup battery. When they go bad all sorts of odd things can happen.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums