2 Twins + 1 Cousin = A lot of fun

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited April 11, 2011 in People
Today I got to put my new lastolite baby poser to the test as well as try out the Cactus v5s. I also learnt that photographing 3 young children is a whole lot harder than photographing just one!!

I failed completely to get a good shot with all 3 in, with the twins I just about managed to get something OK for the two of them....... it was much easier when I photographed them individually.

Only a 2 light setup with a reflector to bounce some light back and that's about it really.

Would love to hear any suggestions and idea's to get better.

Babies-1.jpg

Babies-2.jpg

Babies-3.jpg

Babies-4.jpg

Babies-5.jpg

Babies-6.jpg

Babies-7.jpg

Babies-8.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    Very nice
    Number two is brilliant!
    Most of the ones shot against the whit are wee bit on the hot side, did you shoot RAW?
    The highlights can easily be tamed
    What is a baby poser exactly?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Very nice
    Number two is brilliant!
    Most of the ones shot against the whit are wee bit on the hot side, did you shoot RAW?
    The highlights can easily be tamed
    What is a baby poser exactly?

I did shoot RAW, I actually boosted the exposure as I quite like this style but know it is not to everyone's taste.

You can see the Lastolite baby poser in use here http://www.lastoliteschoolofphotography.com/using-baby-posers

It really did a great job, even with these ages who are a little old for its full use. It was great to lift them up a bit, I can see with a smaller baby it will be invaluable.

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    I don't mind the background but skin-tones are a bit hot on their right sides.
    Very cool props I must say
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    Nice shots, and the baby poser sure looks like a cool useful product if your a baby photographer. Another little thing that sets you apart from your competition.

Sam
    edited April 9, 2011
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    I don't mind the background but skin-tones are a bit hot on their right sides.
    Very cool props I must say

I will have a play around with them, thanks for taking time to give advice, I appreciate it.

I agree, it was well worth getting, I hope to get lots more bookings to pay for it Laughing.gif. (In honesty, it is paid for in a single 'good' job).

edited April 9, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Nice shots, and the baby poser sure looks like a cool useful product if your a baby photographer. Another little thing that sets you apart from your competition.

Sam

Thanks Sam, I agree that it really does make life easier. As I'm trying to work more at customer homes I just need to get things simple as my gear is a bit cumbersome as my white background is traditional, my black is collapsible with train which is great. Hope to add the white to that soon.

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    On the whites you main light side seems alittle overexposed. You might have them too close to the background and getting an overspill onto them. Try to move you subject about 6 feet from your background. You have some great shots here and the poser is a great idea.
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    HA! I really like #2! Makes me smile with that little tongue sticking out!