White Tanks

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited April 19, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
The pictures is of a storm over the White Tank Mountains west of Phoenix AZ.

1246411553_RDBJy-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Cool! The color makes for a very foreboding image, you really feel the coming storm.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    moose135 wrote: »
    Cool! The color makes for a very foreboding image, you really feel the coming storm.

Thanks for looking and the comment........:Dgary
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Laughing.gif .. I thought the white tanks were the things in the background by the mountain .. not the mountains rolleyes1.gif

Colors are good. I like how you retained the yellow flowers in the bushes in the foreground thumb.gif
    edited April 11, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Laughing.gif .. I thought the white tanks were the things in the background by the mountain .. not the mountains rolleyes1.gif

Colors are good. I like how you retained the yellow flowers in the bushes in the foreground thumb.gif
    THANKS FOR LOOKING AND THE COMMENT..MARY K......... :Dgary
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Like the mood very much. I find myself drawn to the shiny white object which takes away from the drama a little. Too bad it wasn't a barn!

Nice shot and PP.
    edited April 11, 2011
    jpc wrote: »
    Like the mood very much. I find myself drawn to the shiny white object which takes away from the drama a little. Too bad it wasn't a barn!

Nice shot and PP.

Thanks for looking and the nice comment.......Thought about cloning out the building,,,,and didn't.........:Dgary
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    I kept thinking of that word that describes the cloud formation and I can't seem to find it yet until this morning... OMINOUS! Nice capture, Gary. I like the way you brighten up the building to add attention and contrast to the subject and the background. As always, good shot! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited April 11, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I kept thinking of that word that describes the cloud formation and I can't seem to find it yet until this morning... OMINOUS! Nice capture, Gary. I like the way you brighten up the building to add attention and contrast to the subject and the background. As always, good shot! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks Jiro.......Glad you liked it......gary:D
  • Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2011
    Gary, that's really a COOOOOL shot! The clouds and the foreground fields really transmit the feeling of "electricity" in the storm. Personally I would have tried to make the building less shining, maybe leaving a bit of detail in it, as I fell it is drawing even too much attention...

Good job as usualclap.gif.

Andrea.