Painting with light.

oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited April 11, 2011 in Landscapes
Took some more pictures at night. I lit these up with a ledlenser p7 torch.
Dont know if anyone around here will like them as this is an old way of doing things but i thought id give it a go.
5608301016_49d56a9765_b.jpg
Hidden secret. by OakField Photography, on Flickr

5608300562_5074bbbbee_b.jpg
Nightlife. by OakField Photography, on Flickr

Regards
Patrick.:D

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    I do like your second image, that is a very beautiful tree and so graceful. I also like your first image but I would be tempted to crop in from the right to the left as far as that concrete and railing. I would also play around with cropping from the left to the right to eliminate the tree stump, it would be great if this would make it a square crop but I'm not sure it will. Just some ideas to kick around.
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    I do like your second image, that is a very beautiful tree and so graceful. I also like your first image but I would be tempted to crop in from the right to the left as far as that concrete and railing. I would also play around with cropping from the left to the right to eliminate the tree stump, it would be great if this would make it a square crop but I'm not sure it will. Just some ideas to kick around.

Thanks for your reply. The concrete railing is distractive. I guess i will have to work on my composure. This is just some testing i am doing at the moment. I have found that leaving the light in one area can burn the colour out of the picture and my main subject will have to be alot closer to the lens. I use a Ledlenser P7 to light up these scenes at different stages. I dont think it is enough light so i will have to invest in a new charger for a 2,000,000. candle powered lamp i have. The old charger broke.
    My ISO was set to 1000 due to the distance of the subjects i chose. Having just recently bought a 5Dmkii all i could afford was their cheapest lens the 50mm F1.8.
    I think in future if i am working with subjects this far away from the lens a second person is needed to light up the different part of the scenes.
    Focusing on the boat i set my camera up with F8 and a 10 second delay to give me time to get closer with this small torch. My camera took 10 seconds to take each segment of eash picture, so it looked funny every time the shutter closed as i ran back to the camera to see what the preview held for me.
    These few pictures i have took are a far cry from what i want to achieve.
    Looks like.
    Thanks again Doug for you constructive comments as it confirms what i was thinking myself after pp these images.
    If there is anyone out there that does alot of this kind of work mabey they could help me please.

Regards
    Patrick:D
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    I agree with Doug, if you crop the lower right corner of the first image it is very sweet to look at!