Options

3 month old

BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited April 13, 2011 in People
Here are some shots of a 3 month old that i took. I am new at little babies and wanting to practice more. Any cc welcome please!!

1. 1245364305_n4R4F-M.jpg

2.1247095016_kZk7n-M.jpg

3. 1247094223_bcMMh-M.jpg

4. 1245362710_XjZHr-M.jpg

5. 1245381790_SUZEK-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ZetZet Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    awwww! He's cute! They all look great. I think the 4th one needs a little more catch light in the eyes. Black and whites are classic!
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2011
    thank
    He was a very cute smiley baby. #4 def needs some better catch lights.... thanks for your feedback. Any body else ?
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    The fourth one is my favorite, if for any reason because the catch lights don't scream "I used top mounted flash" as much as the others do. That and his expression is priceless.

The best light ever to use on a baby (or anybody for that matter) is sunlight. Get as close as you can to the biggest window you can. Open the blinds if you have to, I'm known for moving furniture around to get in the light.

Babies aren't easy, trust me, you're off to a good start! 3 month olds are hard because they can't sit up and they pick their heads up - alot. In about three or four months, they'll be able to interact with you a LOT more. Newborns are easy then it's crawlers and up. 3 months are my least favorite. That's just from my experience, though
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2011
    lighting
    All the pics except the one with mom were right by a very large open window with lots of light. I used my flash a few times the whole shoot but if I did I mostly tried to bounce it . It is the hardest part for me .... the lighting. I keep practicing and maybe one day.... :)