Options

Ashlee, Class of 2011 (image heavy)

l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited April 17, 2011 in People
Spent the late morning and afternoon with this gem of a personality and her BFF. I think we did more laughing than shooting and we did a LOT of shooting. She hates shoes, and there's only TWO shots of her wearing shoes. When I found out she'd walked almost a mile downtown (where a LOT of bums live) near glass and rocks and nails and who knows what else, she got fussed at "eh, I'm ok" Kids, these days, I swear.

I know it's image overload, sorry for that, I just canNOT stop editing them!! Hubby finally convinced me to try out Lightroom (I'm a CS4 kinda girl) so I could have more time chilling on the couch and less time glued to the computer. Without starting a LR vs. PS debate, I'm just saying that LR is giving me my life back!! Especially with senior-themed presets!! :barb

So without further ado, meet Ashlee and her best friend, Morgan.

1. We fell in LOVE with this green glass'ed wall. It's actually a museum but it got a lot of love today!
5611257987_02a3a093b5.jpg

2. The girls, floating. They're vertical, promise.
5611261317_5569d37171.jpg

3. I love rated-G graffiti!
5611846336_2b5b9d99fc.jpg

4. Morgan had on cutoff overall shorts, a t-shirt and boots that weren't tied. She pulled it off, don't know how, but she did. Crazy kids.
5611848406_9d53d8dffd.jpg

5. She asked me to make her a penguin hat months ago, I just got around to it last weekend so of course it had to come along. "Well, it will just make things more interesting" she said. Yes, it made things a LOT more interesting.
5611851038_15cec36882.jpg

6. I can't tell if this looks nothing like or JUST like her.
5611270291_f2deb0be98.jpg

7. I love old train stations. Always good for a beat up brick wall.
5611272491_abe931dc4e.jpg

8. I know it's REALLY bright, but I think it works with their personalities.
What you can't see is the big, protective homeless guy around the corner and behind those trees. Once my husband saw him, we promptly left. Being on a rusty dock over a raging Mississippi River isn't my idea of fun anyway.
5611858816_f08a4d9150.jpg

9. "Stand like a gingerbread man and be pissed at the world" - and that's what she did.
5611859918_b3e15ca7a1.jpg

10. I'm not a fan of t-shirts in pictures, but she reallllyyy wanted one with her college on it. We compromised.
5611861350_a3213de321.jpg

11. It was 86 degrees at this point in the day, we're feet from the river and a storm was on it's way in - they needed a break from the heat and humidity.
5611863110_de427332bd.jpg

12. I'm not sure why I love this picture, but I do. I'm thinking it's because she's dripping wet with a flower in her hair holding a camera - it doesn't make any sense but it works in a weird way. Usually my husband poses the seniors in the weird 'just trust me' poses but I did this one and I'm quite proud of it, it's WAYY out of the box for me when I'm used to newborns curled up on blankets. It reminds me of a horror movie's poster, but I can't figure out why.
5611282367_335425230d.jpg

5611900884_6606510d10.jpg
My husband over twice as old as Morgan trying to do 'cute feet' while they were comparing boots. I'm not sure who were laughing more, the girls or him.

C&C Always welcome.

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Ooh, I really like #12, too! Fun stuff here.
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2011
    Thanks!!

#12 is my favorite, I have no idea why but it just is.

They were loads of fun and very anti "stand in front of flowers" like half my senior moms beg for. They might convince me that parents aren't allowed on shoots, only best friends.

My mom knows both of them and when I called her on the way home and told her how crazy they were "That doesn't surprise me" she kept saying - guess they're always like this. We're still laughing at some of their crazy antics.
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    Her mom will love #7. Nice set. very creative. LR rules.
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2011
    Yes, LR is awesome.

I took number 7 with her mom in mind. They don't have the best of relationships but I knew mom would pay for some if not most of these shots anyway. I told her I wanted some "Grandma shots" and she looked at me like I was crazy. We had to explain to her that "grandma shots" are shots that grandmother would buy, not shots that she would buy. In our house, the second my grandmother says "I don't like it, you can't see her face" we translate that to "blow this up big on your wall". I can just hear my Granny griping about #6 "You can't see her other eye and it doesn't look like her" - well, Granny, you aren't paying for pictures, are you? :)

I squealed and sent her to my flickr so she could download these and she just squealed with delight, most of the ones she hadn't seen yet are already on her FB so we passed the test, apparently.

Thanks everybody for the kind words, we had so much fun with these two.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2011
    I love your floating brick wall - that is the most AWESOME location!

Big thumbs up for 11&12, too.
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2011
    That "floating brick wall" is a pyramid, actually. Every local knows what it is, but I've never seen another photog's shots on it so it is perfect!

11 was her profile picture on fb until I squealed about my flickr link, now it's the one in her college shirt.

And #12, well, that's just one of my all time favorite shots, especially my favorite senior shot.
  • Options
    Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    5 and 12 Are my favs. Looks like a great time.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    CONGRATS on the shoot, 2 seniors and a ton of different backdrops. Nice job. Glad LR is helping, I recall not too long ago I swear I just didn't understand the need for it. Once my computer was tuned up and working normally I finally GOT IT.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700