Elena (9 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited September 30, 2005 in People
Priviet, Dear Friends!
Now I know that the miracles exist!
I was looking at her for several minutes at photo shop, knowing for sure that she will never ever agree to be photographed... I was afraid... but asked her...
And... She said "Lets try..."
She herself loves to shoot...
I made more then 120 shots and spent some time in PS. As usual your critique will be very helpful to me...
3018.jpg
I tried to carefuly use this thin distinction of color/b&w here with soft tones and at the same time sharpen enough to show the beauty of her skin
3019.jpg
We hope this b&w shows the mood she wanted to be shown... (Its she, who thought out this pose...)
3020.jpg
Special work in PS... Hope you like the result... Frankly it has better look in prints... (With no limits in Kb)
3021.jpg
Another technique in PS (just attempt...)
3022.jpg
b&w with softening...
3023.jpg
Harry's method used (copy layer/ multiply blending mode/ blur)
3024.jpg
"Against the rules" photo. Though she is looking to the right side (on a photo), some space supposed at the right of the shot to make it correct.. but... In this case, think her pose has tension to the left, so ... I like this composition...
3025.jpg
Again soft tonalties with eyes as a center of the composition...
3026.jpg
And this one is without PS edition (only resized). I like her open smile, color of her eyes, happiness... All is natural...
So...
All I can say is SPASIBO to Lena, who helped me a lot in this session...

Your critique and comments, please!
Yuri

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    :jawdrop

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

numbers 1 and 3, hubba hubba yuri. number 1, i love the desaturation, it's stunning. the photo is so engaging, i could look at it for a long time (and i did). number three, composition, leading lines, and the pose are all winners.

so very well done, yuri.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    clap.gifclapStunning. I think my favourite is the 6th. I think the colours are fantastic and also I love the lines. And number 9 too because she has a beautiful smilethumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    I need to invent a robot which will just automatically praise your posts. Usually I try to include some particulars in my critiques, notice so good things, make suggestions, that sort of thing.

These are so fine, but what can I say I haven't already said.
    If not now, when?
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    An amazing series of photographs. 7 and 8 are my favorites. Great job Yuri! thumb.gif
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    Absolutely gorgeous! #7 is stunning - I love the photo... I always look forward to your posts.
  • rick barclayrick barclay Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Beautiful shots of a very intiguing model. Kudos! #2 gets my vote.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Stunning!
    Man, you're a king of a portrait! bowdown.gif!
    I wish I could be more constructive.. but instead I'm plain jealous :D
    Awesome work - both shooting and post!clap.gif
    Zamechatel'no! Hochu v Voronezh!:):
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    two and seven are just amazing
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Yuri,

Spectacular!!!! You have a talent for this.

Sam
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    Well, Yuri, they are all wonderful. iloveyou.gif My favorites are #s 7,8 and 9. I love the composition in 7. IMHO, it would not have worked nearly so well if you had followed the "rules." #8 conveys a sensual self confidence (always attractive!) and #9 is just plain lovely. I really enjoy your portraits. You inspire me to be more agressive about asking people if I can photograph them. Thank you!! For the pictures and the inspiration. :):

Email
  • rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    Fantastic pictures, worthy of any professional
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    This is definitely the most editorial set I've seen from you. The pictures with more than just the girl are very effective.. great use of space and backgrounds. I find in some it makes her legs look a bit short.. (not that I am one to give YOU advice) you could try shooting from waist or one your knees to give a bit more length to the legs. My favorites are definitely 5, 6 and 7, all of which have great qualities.

Owen