A few from Yosemite

PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited April 14, 2011 in Landscapes
I took a day trip to Yosemite with a local Meetup group on Saturday. A small storm had come though the day before, and clouds and snow moved in during the afternoon, but it was a good trip overall. I guess I was in a 2x1 mood. Critisism encouraged and welcome.

1249052593_vQPkk-XL.jpg

1249053535_pqixg-XL.jpg

1249053265_fAuZ4-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2011
    Wow, there is still snow! I know that's not unusual at elevation but I'm still not used to the idea of snow this late in the year. lol3.gif

The ND gradient or whatever it is in the first and third is a little heavy for my taste, but overall you did a great job in a tough lighting situation.
  • PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    Wow, there is still snow!...

The ND gradient or whatever it is in the first and third is a little heavy for my taste.
    We arrived Saturday morning after a light snowfall on Friday, so we got a little lucky with the snow. By afternoon, much of what had fallen on the valley was already gone.

Thank you for your honest feedback!
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2011
    I really like the BW conversion! I just wish it was early morning or late afternoon light, but you do what you can.
    edited April 12, 2011
    I really like the BW conversion! I just wish it was early morning or late afternoon light, but you do what you can.
    Thanks Mike... I agree. We were hoping for some nice sunset shots, but the clouds moved in during the afternoon and we never saw half dome again.
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2011
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    I am loving all 3 of these! If I have to pick a favorite i'm going with #3 :)
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • johnbrinerjohnbriner Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    Totally love these shots. However, the third photo takes the cake for me. I like the perspective as well as the vividness of it.
    edited April 14, 2011
    Thank you all.

This just goes to show you how you never can predict what people will like. I've showed these to several family and associates, and everyone seems to really like #3, when it really does very little for me. I guess I am wrong again. :D I do agree with Schmoo's comments... I think I need to reduce the sky darkening a little.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    Love your B/W conversion and composition as well as your last shot, well done.