Options

that new camera smell

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Thanks, Andy. I'll tentatively chalk up my issues to funky ballpark light.

i'm diggin' the skintones from the 5d. and the high iso noise.

hmm went to bed last night thinking i'd be returning it lol3.gif now i'm going to sleep on it for a few mo days.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i'm diggin' the skintones from the 5d. and the high iso noise.

hmm went to bed last night thinking i'd be returning it lol3.gif now i'm going to sleep on it for a few mo days.

Oh andy why stop kidding yourself. Just admit your a junkie and keep it, keep the 1ds mkii, buy a 20d, a 20da, and a 20d IR.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2005
    buy 20d IR.

:nono dan over at maxmax is converting a new sony r-1 with that sweet aps cmos chip in it, for me... should have it sometime this month!

:D
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2005
    andy wrote:
    :nono dan over at maxmax is converting a new sony r-1 with that sweet aps cmos chip in it, for me... should have it sometime this month!

Yeah but it's not a canon........
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    Oh andy why stop kidding yourself. Just admit your a junkie and keep it, keep the 1ds mkii, buy a 20d, a 20da, and a 20d IR.

Exactly the advice I gave him. Be like Warren Buffet; never sell. But I think Andy gets almost as much fun out of selling as he does out of buying. Must have been a Persian rug dealer in a previous life.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Exactly the advice I gave him. Be like Warren Buffet; never sell. But I think Andy gets almost as much fun out of selling as he does out of buying. Must have been a Persian rug dealer in a previous life.

yes, but there's a difference between selling and returning :D of course i was going to *try* the 5D, and i'm glad i'm trying it. i'm also glad i have the ability to return it, without penalty, within 15 days....

my momma didn't raise no dummy.
  • Options
    Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    Hey Andy ,
    andy wrote:

You mean to say that the R1 has allready hit the shops in New York eek7.gif ?

Peter Dumont
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2005
    You mean to say that the R1 has allready hit the shops in New York eek7.gif ?

Peter Dumont

no, not yet. but soon.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2005
    eating some crow
    andy wrote:

i'm not giving up my 1Ds Mark II for the 5D, however. and that leaves the fate of the 5D in the balance for me - not sure if i'll keep it as a second body or if instead i'll go back to the 20d as a second body.

so, i did give up my 1Ds Mark II for the 5D. why? becuase it's that good. yup. in the end, picture quality, ergos, size/weight all won the day for the 5D over the 1Ds Mark II. doesn't mean the 1Ds Mark II is a bad camera, just means the 5D is an excellent alternative. another thing: i like the battery system, it will mesh well with the 20d i'm going to pickup in a couple weeks as a second body.

now, canon: whatcha got in store for 2006? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2005
    andy wrote:
    so, i did give up my 1Ds Mark II for the 5D. why? becuase it's that good. yup. in the end, picture quality, ergos, size/weight all won the day for the 5D over the 1Ds Mark II. doesn't mean the 1Ds Mark II is a bad camera, just means the 5D is an excellent alternative. another thing: i like the battery system, it will mesh well with the 20d i'm going to pickup in a couple weeks as a second body.

Then in two months you will sell the 5d because you miss the 1ds ii, pick up another 1ds, sell the 20D again 2 weeks later and pickup a 5d as your backup body.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2005
    Then in two months you will sell the 5d because you miss the 1ds ii, pick up another 1ds, sell the 20D again 2 weeks later and pickup a 5d as your backup body.

don't you have a boss to appease? lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2005
    andy wrote:
    don't you have a boss to appease? lol3.gif
    That's easy, all I have to do is pretend I think she's pretty.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    andy wrote:

A replacement for the 1Ds Mk II at a much better price/performance point, I reckon.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2005
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    One positive observation, I experienced fine battery life yesterday. One battery was enough to fill three 4GB cards and when I got home the camera still showed the battery 100% charged.

Has anyone fully used a battery? Just wondering how many shots it averages per battery.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    Has anyone fully used a battery? Just wondering how many shots it averages per battery.

:nah not yet. but i haven't tried, either.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2005
    patch29 wrote:

some folks are reporting 400-500
    a few others 300+
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2005
    I shot until I filled 3 4GB cards at the ball game the day after I got the camera. That's <700 shots L+RAW. I was using a non Canon mAh battery, though.
    If not now, when?