Janette in Murry and Vern

WarpedWarped Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited April 13, 2011 in People
Janette Slack is a Hong Kong born, London based, award winning international DJ and is the resident DJ at Torture Garden........ and she models ...... and she visited Perth recently on the start of her Aussie tour ...... and I got to work with her :D

There's wasn't a lot of pre-planning due to Janette not being sure just how much stuff she could fit in her luggage, so we played it by ear on the day. This was our 2nd location for the day and it just "worked". By that I mean it was one of those situations where I set the flash on the tripod, set the strength and angle/position using educated guess work, took a look at the light and using the Mk1 eyeball as a light meter I set the camera (shooting in manual mode), took a test shot and the attached image is what I got.

It was a very boring sunset, not a cloud in the sky, so I went more for a darker background with just a hint of sunset to the side.

I'll have more to show from this shoot soon, though Janette already has a few up on her Facebook page (just search on FB for Janette Slack World) if you want to take a peek at a few others.

The dress was kindly supplied by Stu Vern from murrayandvern.com, hence the title.
If at first you don't succeed - maybe sky diving isn't for you.
www.warped-photography.com

Comments

• WarpedWarped Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2011
    One more pic from a different shoot with Janette.

Janette played at the Annual Spank Fetish Ball the day after the shoot and I was there working/shooting and taking portraits in the club. This is the outfit Janette wore for the event.

I had a back corner on the upper level in the club, changing light conditions due to nightclub lighting and varying levels of smoke/fog from the dance floor smoke machine, but the single Bowens 500W monobloc fired into a reflective umbrella seemed to do the trick in overpowering and cancelling out the club conditions.
    If at first you don't succeed - maybe sky diving isn't for you.
    www.warped-photography.com
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Great subject, she looks like a lot of fun to shoot. Love that second shot, she is working it.