Challenger to Photoshop?

CMasterCMaster Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited September 30, 2005 in Finishing School
Seems Microsoft is releasing their new software suite (Expression)which includes an graphic editing tool. I have to say after checking out some of the online demos it looks pretty impressive.

MS Expression Demos

I think they've done a very excellent job for a "first time" product here and could actually give Photoshop some competition. And competition is A-OK in my book!

Check out the Flexible Bitmap Painting & Editing demo. If the "PhotoMontage" feature doesn't make you go "Wow..that's SLICK!"...well, you can take me out back and beat me with a 2x4!

A friend and I checked out the downloadable version and were pretty impressed overall. They've done some slick things and highly recommend you guys checking it out.

Expression Graphic Designer (you can download from this page)
-- Paul (pmack.smugmug.com)

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    I think there may be yet another product, more photoshop-like, still coming. I was invited to take an hour long microsoft survey (web based but with a phone interviewer) about three months ago. A lot of the questions pointed toward a solution that might have curves, layers (but maybe more simple than ps layers), and tons of questions about other ps like features.

Maybe it was simply market research??

The questions did not point to a product that was as "graphic design" oriented as this expressions product.

PS. I was paid $30 (amex gift card) for my time, they got a bargain:D . The research company was not microsoft BUT had MS fingerprints all over the survey questions.

I dunno any more than that headscratch.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen