Options

color in / color splash

dipphotodipphoto Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited April 20, 2011 in Finishing School
For the life of me I have photoshop block!! There is a way to use channel mixer (i have done this a 1,000+ times and got the info from this site) to change the 3 percent settings and click the mono chrome box to then use the erase tool to bring back color in the B&W photo or paint brush to put back the black and white... BUT!! for the life of me today I can't remember and I just used it last night... one of those days!!
Can any one help? Or do you know a better way? this was a fast and easy way and why I have used it for so many years.. lol
:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:deal
Aaron Wilson
http://www.dipphoto.com
:D Advance thank you to you!!

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited April 13, 2011
    There are several ways to do selective color.

One way = duplicate your background layer with ctrl-j.

Click on your new layer in the layers paletter, and then use the channel mixer or Image>Adjustments>Black and White ( which is the new cascade in CS5 ) and create your new black and white image as desired. Then click on the Layer mask icon at eh bottom of your layers palette ( it looks like a square with a circle in it ). Click on thelayer mask box, next to the image icon in the upper layer, and with black as your forground color, and your Brush at 100% in Normal mode, paint away the black and white conversion revealing the colored background layer.

If layers confuse you, after you do your channel mixer to create your B&W image on top of your colored background layer, click on the upper layer, and use the History Brush to paint in the color from your earlier colored state. Place the History icon on the background layer in your history palette.

Both of these techniques are fast and easy.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    dipphotodipphoto Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    pathfinder wrote: »
    there are several ways to do selective color.

One way = duplicate your background layer with ctrl-j.

Click on your new layer in the layers paletter, and then use the channel mixer or image>adjustments>black and white ( which is the new cascade in cs5 ) and create your new black and white image as desired. Then click on the layer mask icon at eh bottom of your layers palette ( it looks like a square with a circle in it ). Click on thelayer mask box, next to the image icon in the upper layer, and with black as your forground color, and your brush at 100% in normal mode, paint away the black and white conversion revealing the colored background layer.

If layers confuse you, after you do your channel mixer to create your b&w image on top of your colored background layer, click on the upper layer, and use the history brush to paint in the color from your earlier colored state. Place the history icon on the background layer in your history palette.

Both of these techniques are fast and easy.

thank you!!
    Aaron Wilson
    http://www.dipphoto.com
    :D Advance thank you to you!!