Bike at night

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited April 14, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
We took a ride down to PK (Possum Kingdom) Lake last weekend.. and my buddy liked this one of his bike, thought i'd share.

New promotion has me jumping and hasn't left much time for photog.. i really NEED to start making the time to go play with my camera.

1250939673_NSUuL-L.jpg
Devin

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Nice! I wish you could have included the whole bike on the image, Devin. :D If your camera has a hard time focusing at night you could try manual focusing. I like the shot. Thanks for sharing! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • scootogscootog Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Looks great. I've been having fun with some nite shots.

AdventureSportRider
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Nice! I wish you could have included the whole bike on the image, Devin. :D If your camera has a hard time focusing at night you could try manual focusing. I like the shot. Thanks for sharing! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Hi Jiro - yea, i was shooting with my nifty 50 (less space on the bike) and didn't bring my tripod and i just guessed sitting it on the ground. In hind sight i should have set the timer as i think pressing the shutter caused the bit of blur. thanks for taking a look and commenting thumb.gif
    Devin
    edited April 13, 2011
    scootog wrote: »
    Looks great. I've been having fun with some nite shots.
    Thanks - post em up.. i really enjoy night shooting.
    Devin
  • scootogscootog Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    00SS wrote: »
    Thanks - post em up.. i really enjoy night shooting.

I'm still having a little trouble with focus.:bash

I'm not sure if I should really expect better; just not as sharp as I'd like.

AdventureSportRider
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Nice photo .. like the lighting and the color. Congrats on the job promotion thumb.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 14, 2011
    scootog wrote: »
    I'm still having a little trouble with focus.:bash

I'm not sure if I should really expect better; just not as sharp as I'd like.
    The EXIF data show f/2.8, 3 second exposure. Since the bike is slightly angled to the camera, maybe not all of it was in the focal plane, which is fairly narrow. Or perhaps there was some slight camera movement. I think it's a pretty decent shot nevertheless.
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    You can see the focal plane in the dirt. Looks like you caught the back of the pipes. I like the angle.
    edited April 14, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Nice photo .. like the lighting and the color. Congrats on the job promotion thumb.gif

Thanks Mary (on both counts) thumb.gif
    Devin
    edited April 14, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    The EXIF data show f/2.8, 3 second exposure. Since the bike is slightly angled to the camera, maybe not all of it was in the focal plane, which is fairly narrow. Or perhaps there was some slight camera movement. I think it's a pretty decent shot nevertheless.

Thanks Richard - it was kind of windy, so i would think that might have a bit to do with it as it was just sitting on the ground. I thought with as much ambient light i had around it wouldn't need that long of a shutter (i was in A mode). I'll get another go at it, next time i'll use the 11-16.. thanks for taking the time to check it out.
    Devin
    edited April 14, 2011
    jpc wrote: »
    You can see the focal plane in the dirt. Looks like you caught the back of the pipes. I like the angle.

spot on - looks like it got the dirt right in front of the pipes. thanks for taking a look.
    Devin