Watermark in LR

woodsphotowoodsphoto Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited April 14, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Just want to make sure...

I now use LightRoom to upload directly to SmugMug. I let the LR plugin add the watermark. When SmugMug sends to lab, the watermark will be removed correct? (i'm just afraid that LR is adding the watermark before it ever gets to SmugMug and therefore SmugMug doesn't have access to the original without the watermark.)

Can anyone please confirm this for me? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    woodsphoto wrote: »
    Just want to make sure...

I now use LightRoom to upload directly to SmugMug. I let the LR plugin add the watermark. When SmugMug sends to lab, the watermark will be removed correct? (i'm just afraid that LR is adding the watermark before it ever gets to SmugMug and therefore SmugMug doesn't have access to the original without the watermark.)

Can anyone please confirm this for me? Thanks in advance.

NO! :) You're adding a watermark to the original image, and it would be printed.

Use our watermarking feature: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection
  • woodsphotowoodsphoto Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Thank you for the reply Andy. I'll go back to letting SmugMug handle the watermarking.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 14, 2011
    20110414-ba1g7b5hnggx6jd3i84kkejys4.jpg

but you can configure uploads to be watermarked automatically with the gallery settings from within LR...

20110414-kg1ftim5gnb2jh68m7q3y9s8em.jpg
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos