bro & s-i-l

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited April 16, 2011 in People
my brother and sister-in-law on a visit from Melbourne a couple days ago. comments welcome:thumb

i-Jv6hVrz-XL.jpg

Canon 40D, 24-105mm f4L IS USM (@ f4 :wink)

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    Very nice Neil thumb.gif

I take it that this is a composite?
    Randy
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    Very nice Neil thumb.gif

I take it that this is a composite?

I was going to ask how the light was coming from two different sides - but I think you nailed it, Randy. :D
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    Beautiful lighting. Only nitpick- I would have liked to see a more neutral colored outfit on your sister in law. You should take some similar shots of your brother. He's got such a compelling look.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    Very nice images. And I like the blue fleece.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    Australian Gothic? I really like the lighting ratio. They both have great eyes......what do the children look like? I love when you do these composits with light coming from all sides.......makes you really think and the portrait has a very unusual quality.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    @ Randy, Sara, Brian, John & Charles -

thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement!

Yes Randy, in this instance you are right, but I actually tried to gobo between the guys with a thin black card first. That will be an interesting shot when I do it!mwink.gif

Charles, lol, I don't know what the Aussie version of gothic might be? There is an expression "blood on the wattle", but that refers to "whiteman's inhumanity to blackman" in Australia. Then there are those burs ("bindii" ) I've seen, like 3-cornered jacks, but almost the size of golfballs, that stick into the leather of a football, and strew the red ironhard football fields on which the Aboriginal youngsters play barefoot in the Northern Territory... they're certainly gothic, as are the tough soles of those kids' feet!eek7.gif

My nephew just at the moment, with longish locks and sparish beard, bears a striking resemblance to Johnny Depp!:D His sister is very blonde, with large sparkling and wondering eyes.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix