Picture inside picture

Jackie DJackie D Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 1, 2005 in Finishing School
How do you insert a picture into another picture. I have some pictures of my daughter running barrels and I would like to take one big picture and insert small pictures around it. Say one of her and the horse standing and have running pictures around that.

Comments

• RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    Jackie D wrote:
    How do you insert a picture into another picture. I have some pictures of my daughter running barrels and I would like to take one big picture and insert small pictures around it. Say one of her and the horse standing and have running pictures around that.
    Jackie,

Which software do you have? Photoshop? Photoshop Elements? Paintshop?

I assume you would like something kinda like this:
    24475362-M.jpg

Regards,
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Jackie,
    Jackie D wrote:
    Welcome to DGrin!

If you use PS/PSP, it's easy
    1) Create a new empty image with the dimensions you want you final composite picture to be
    2) Start opening your source images one by one (or you can open them all at once if you have enough RAM).
    For each image:
    2.1) Select all (or whatever part of that image you want to be in the final picture)
    2.2) Copy
    2.3) Switch to the target image.
    2.4) Paste. It should create a new layer with the pasted info.
    2.5) Use Transform tool to resize/move the image around the target
    2.6) Go to next image

3) Once all source images are processed - make final corrections and save.

That's all there is to it!

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"