FS: My Entire Rebel Kit *** (More details inside.)

SimplyShaneSimplyShane Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited April 15, 2011 in House of Canon
Everything has sold!

Due to a multitude of economic hardships, I have decided to part with my photographic equipment.

Below is a detailed description of all the items I am including in this sale for the aforementioned price. (Original boxes and accessories are included for all items except the 50mm lens and SD card.):

Canon Rebel XS body: 7324 shutter actuations. (Out of a rated lifespan of 100,000.) In other words, there is PLENTY of life left in this camera. The body itself is in good cosmetic shape, with a few light dings and aberrations that are only noticeable in direct light. (Yes, the flash makes these flaws stand out WAY more than they typically do. However, I decided to post the images anyway for your benefit.)

As can be seen, the back LCD has been guarded with a screen protector since day one. As a result, it now looks perfectly clean underneath with the exception of one micro scratch. (I struggled greatly to take a decent photo of this even after taking the screen protector off. As a result, I am unable to show you exactly what it looks like. However, rest assured that it is minute and inconsequential.)

As for the viewfinder, it is --perfectly clean-- and free of dust, along with the focusing screen. Most importantly, the image sensor is clear, with only a *tiny* bit of dust detectible in the most critical of conditions. (If you don't believe me, here's a link to a full-size download of a shot I took at f/36 against a plain sky: http://img860.imageshack.us/i/sensorimage.jpg/

Ultimately, the biggest "flaw" with my camera is this: The inside mirror has suffered a tiny scratch. (As my picture below demonstrates.)

However, will this do anything at all to your pictures?

The answer is No.

All SLR's are designed in a manner that necessitates the mirror flipping upward right before light hits the image sensor. Thus, it literally has no impact at all on your images. (And yes, both Auto-Focus and Manual-Focus have not been affected by this scratch in any way.)

Moving on.

Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-f/5.6 kit lens: Comes WITH a lens hood. Glass is in great shape. Both front and rear caps are included.

Canon 55-250mm IS f/4.0-f/5.6 zoom lens: Comes WITH a lens hood. There are about 3 dust specks I can see when inspecting the lens under direct light. (The picture doesn't show this very well.) However, these have not had any impact on my images whatsoever. Both caps are present.

Canon 50mm f/1.8 Mark II prime lens: This does NOT come with a lens hood as is shown in the pictures below. I decided to keep that for my brother, who also owns this lens. However, it DOES come with a Hoya 52mm UV filter. (Sorry for the confusion there.)
As for the condition of the glass itself, it also has a little bit of dust inside, but again this does *NOT* impact image quality at all. On the body of the lens, one can see a few light scratches here and there, but nothing garish.

Unfortunately, the stiffer-than-usual AF-MF switch, along with the above-average noise made from its focusing motor, prove to be the only real issues with the lens. However, at the end of the day, it *is* 100% operational.

Beyond all of this, there are three extras I'm throwing in for free that you might appreciate:
One Transcend 8GB SD Card (Class 10!)
A wired Remote Control Shutter Release (Great for long-exposures!)
And finally, a Lowepro Camera Bag. (Which IS able to hold all of this gear, but is better suited for one body and two lenses.)

This set up should make for a *great* beginner's kit at a wonderful price. Again, the *ONLY* reason I'm selling all of this in the first place is because I just need the cash. That's putting it as honestly as possible.

Private message me if you are interested. Emails also work (camera.dreams@yahoo.com), but sending me a PM will get you a quicker response.

Thank you so much for looking and have a great day. If you have ANY kind of questions or requests, feel free to send them my way. icon_wink.gif

(Oh, and last but not least, if you were wondering: I AM willing to part some of this out if need be. Just give me your suggested price and we will negotiate from there.)
---My Photography Homepage---

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bengford

Comments