One Ringy Dingy....Two Ringy Dingy..(Ch.48)

Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
edited October 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just some shots of the pay phone I passed today. Thought/comments appreciated. If you would like to see the entire "Ring Ring" gallery, please follow the link.

http://www.pbase.com/blindmustangpilot/telephone

Thanks for taking a look.

Regards

Mike

1) Crossed Signals

2) Please Deposit .50 Cents........

50055125.jpg

3) Dead Handset

50055133.jpg

4) Communication Breakdown

50055131.jpg

5) Call For A Ride

50055126.jpg

Many thanks to my model, Mr. Pay Phone. :D

50055127.jpg
Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    Really nice collection. I like #3 the best, with #1 a close second. Nice composition. Good titles. clap.gifclap.gif But where is the boid?

Va.

Email
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Really nice collection. I like #3 the best, with #1 a close second. Nice composition. Good titles. clap.gifclap.gif But where is the boid?

Va.
    Thanks. The boid's Mudha called. He had to fly home for din din. :D

The idears are the easy part..it's deciding which one to enter....that's difficult. ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif :uhoh I've got a few other idears I'm going to shoot. :flash

This one do anything for ya?

50055132.jpg

Do you think most of these are too abstract and don't convey the theme "telephone" ? Maybe this one is more appropriate?

50062594.jpg
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    All good but the 1st & the last one are my favorites. thumb.gif
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Number 1, dude.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Wizard1929Wizard1929 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Number 1
    Great minds think alike. I drove all over Glendale last week looking for a phone booth with a busted cord. Couldn't find one, so went in another direction. How many shots do you take before deciding on an entry? I shot 83 photos/images (losers) before entering one.

Wiz
    edited October 1, 2005
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Wiz, Depending on the tyep of shot/subject.......I can take from a single to several dozen shots. If it's a moving subject (ie. bird) I might only get a single shot (or a burst of them). If it's a stationary object...I might shoot it to death...from every angle and composition (also bracketing for exposure). To get an idea of the shots...click on the link to my gallery above. eek7.gif:D

Here are a few other ideas that I just shot while toying around with a broken cordless phone. Yeah..I took a few others...but didn't shoot this one to death. It's already dead. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking folks.

50084274.jpg

50082282.jpg

50083741.jpg

"TALK"

50094062.jpg
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Great shots Mike. I was complaining to my wife that we didn't have any interesting phone booths in our area and you know we have exactly the same phone booths you posted here. Great eye. I have a photo book called the "art of seeing" I need to read it again. Thanks for expanding my perspective.
    edited October 2, 2005
    Thank you for the kind words, Sku. I don't ever seem to have trouble finding something to shoot...whereever I'm at. ne_nau.gif :uhoh My biggest problem is selecting just a single shot to enter. headscratch.gif I've got another series of phone shots. :uhoh rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif More along the lines of some advertising shoots. Gotta love the old flashlight. :):

A few more to confuse me....and tire the viewer. (sorry) thumb.gif I've got the rest in my gallery.

http://www.pbase.com/blindmustangpilot/telephone

Cheers

BMP (Bringin' More Photos)

50134682.jpg

50134686.jpg

50134693.jpg

NOTE: I've started another post with my final 4 selections for challenge 48. I appreciate everyone's help and comments from above. I would appreciate a bit more input regarding selecting my entry. Here is the link to the 2nd posting and final 4 selections.

http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=19637

Thank you for your help/comments.

MM
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com