Old Tractor C and C Welcome

b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited April 16, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
While down in the Holler of Cardinal Kentucky, I found this old tractor weathering away. C & C Welcomed.

dsc06037a1-XL.jpg
Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    We do love to see images of old rusty tractors here.

But! There are some of us (Rust Junkies) that love, even more, seeing close-up details of highly rusty parts of such tractors over PPed to the Max!

I know there will be others along, soon, to second this notion! (motion?)

rolleyes1.gifeek7.gifhuh :D
    thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    Very nice shot. I spend a lot of time myself back in the Appalachian " hollers " and the dogs are a nice touch of reality.

I can see that this old tractor offers quite a few opportunities to get some real good closeups of rust that would respond well to the Rust Junkie treatment.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    Nice capture thumb.gif
    Randy
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    DonRicklin wrote: »

But! There are some of us (Rust Junkies) that love, even more, seeing close-up details of highly rusty parts of such tractors over PPed to the Max!

thumb.gif

Don

Nice shot, but I'm with Don on this.
  • b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    DonRicklin wrote: »

thumb.gif

Don

I will be going down to the holler again next month. Hopefully, there will be more rust on the this tractor, and I will be sure to shot some close ups. Since this is my first time shooting rust junkie, are there things to look for? I know this tractor will be in the same spot come next month.
    Thanks for the C & C, as well as tips.

Ron A.
    9496500-Ti.gif
    Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    b08rsa wrote: »
    I will be going down to the holler again next month. Hopefully, there will be more rust on the this tractor, and I will be sure to shot some close ups. Since this is my first time shooting rust junkie, are there things to look for? I know this tractor will be in the same spot come next month.
    Thanks for the C & C, as well as tips.

Ron A.
    9496500-Ti.gif
    See my Signature for some samples of what we're into, as well as other resent Rust threads in Other Cools Shots. thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook