Options

Reading

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited August 4, 2004 in Landscapes

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    Both very nice. Would have worked for lines and curves and the bridge would have also workied for reflections. But I actually think these are both better than "contest shots". Great color and sharpness.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    Both very nice. Would have worked for lines and curves and the bridge would have also workied for reflections. But I actually think these are both better than "contest shots". Great color and sharpness.
    Thanks Rutt, shot both of those before the reflections challenge started, maybe I should go back?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2004
    Gubbsie, I reckon that with some maneuvering you could get a really nice shot of the curves of the bridge reflected in the water. I can see a hint of it in the second shot. If the light was right, you might get a really nice curve shot to submit.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2004
    Cool, I love the reflected light on the underside of the bridge tunnel.

Is that the full frame that you shot? I would be interested to see more of the bridge to the right?
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Gubbsie, I reckon that with some maneuvering you could get a really nice shot of the curves of the bridge reflected in the water. I can see a hint of it in the second shot. If the light was right, you might get a really nice curve shot to submit.
    Funnily enough, the best place to get a shot here is from the veranda of a very good restaurant, maybe I should reshoot mwink.gif

DJ-S1
    Cool, I love the reflected light on the underside of the bridge tunnel.

Is that the full frame that you shot? I would be interested to see more of the bridge to the right?

It was the light on the underside of the bridge that first drew me to the shot, I did crop this one down, but I'd have to upload it to smugmug when I get home, this is it from the other side...

6001222-L.jpg

Thanks for the comments
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2004
    Water and reflections
    gubbs wrote:
    Funnily enough, the best place to get a shot here is from the veranda of a very good restaurant, maybe I should reshoot mwink.gif

If you do go again, take a tripod and try for a long exposure, say 2-3 seconds. I've done this with a shot of the San Antonio River Walk. On a long enough exposure the surface ripples blur into each other. The result is the water has a smooth look to it, but a "depth" to it as well. Kind of a frosted mirror look. I don't have a photo to link to at the moment (I'm at work, PowerBook is at home).
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2004
    Uncropped - Nearly
    6924668-M.jpg