Options

Photoshop Scripts Image Processor

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited April 18, 2011 in Finishing School
Need to resize a ton of images to 640x480 (6x4) at a low dpi (72 preferably ).....Can it be done using the Photoshop Script Image Processor? If so How?

I know the ideal way to do it 1 by 1 in PS but I have to do tons and tons in just a few days...so the 1x1 method isn't gonna work......

T.I.A.
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    Export module in Lightroom can do that in 1 batch?!

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    Art: Check out the Dr. Brown's services on the Russell Brown website. I am sure you can use it to do exactly what you wish to do.

Anthony.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited April 17, 2011
    1. Create an action in PS to do the resize.
    2. Put the source pics in a single folder
    3. Create a destination folder for the finished product.
    4. Run Automate->Batch on the source folder. Make sure you understand the file-naming options so you don't lose the unique names.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited April 17, 2011
    If you're on a Windows platform you can use Irfanview (freeware) to batch process from a large JPG to the size and resolution you require.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Always work from a directory copy of the images as a source until you are familiar with the process. "Always" back up your original images first. I also "always" rename the output images to be absolutely sure I don't accidentally overwrite the originals.

The basic process:

http://youtu.be/q-RrrmCT0Co

(As an FYI, Irfanview allows you to associate image filename suffixes if you wish. If you are happy with your current filename associations, don't allow Irfanview setup to steal any of those associations.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2011
    Thanks everyone I knew there had to be away.....or several ways.....I just wasnot getting the results I wanted...the sizes were going all over the spectrum.....
    I never use original files when I am not 100% certain of what I am doing and I always have a different destination folder so they do not get mixed or overwrite the copy original......

my name should probably be redundantly backed up.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I knew there had to be away.....or several ways.....I just wasnot getting the results I wanted...the sizes were going all over the spectrum.....

If the sizes are all over, is that because the original sizes are all different? If so, the Resize to Fit field in Image Processor should normalize them all to 640px. If it is an action, then you would add a step involving File/Automate/Fit Image. Either way would mean no matter what the original size is, they would be fit to 640px. In Lightroom it would be the option to constrain the long side or both.
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2011
    Thanx again Mr. Colourbox

• Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    i say ; BDsizer
    easier and faster and with more options

select photo's , set size ( and other options ) and let it run thumb.gif