Baby session with Aaron......

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited April 19, 2011 in People
...... and his 20 month old sister joined in for a few.

Aaron is only 3 weeks old and came along for a shoot with his sister (their parents also came). I'm finding the really young babies the hardest as it is more about what I do than capturing them being them. Please suggest what to do with the really little ones. I went for the feet and hand shots but he wouldn't sit still for a second so they weren't great.

1 So Aaron, are you ready for your shoot?
Baby-A-1.jpg

2 Dad lent a hand in this photo.
Baby-A-2.jpg

Baby-A-3.jpg

Baby-A-4.jpg

Baby-A-5.jpg

Baby-A-6.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    the light in 5 and 6 is not working. It is too much from the side and is leaving a lot of shadows where I want to see light. shot 3 is completely soft. I like shot 4 but I feel like it could use 1/2 stop more exposure. 2 could use some processing to smooth out the skin and soften the image up a bit.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2011
    I agree that #2 could be a little softer but it's a GREAT SHOT! I'm a huge fan of infants being shot with physical human support, and dad's hand works very well. Good lighting, just a little "hard" IMO. But then, that might be the look you wanted.