An inspired photo

prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited October 2, 2005 in People
I just wanted to share this photo because the inspiration came from a past event in my life that made a big impact on me as a person. also I wanted to hear what everyone thought of it. I did this nearly a year ago and my skills have increased since, i think i could do a better job now than back then. but it still holds a special place in my life. thanks!

broken3ep.jpg

Comments

• DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    I like this photo a lot. And I've always had a curiousity about the rest of what that note says. Though it's probably best left as a curiousity. Though I don't know why, but for some reason this photo always makes me feel sad. I guess that's what you were going for though, wasn't it?
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    I like this photo a lot. And I've always had a curiousity about the rest of what that note says. Though it's probably best left as a curiousity. Though I don't know why, but for some reason this photo always makes me feel sad. I guess that's what you were going for though, wasn't it?
    I think it looks sad because of the angle of the face and the mood of the blue coloring. I'm assuming that is you in the picture Kasey? From the shot of you I get the feeling that you're laying in bed wanting to be alone feeling dejected. Regardless of the specific situation here, I think most people would get the generel point of the photo. The one thing I would like to see different is the shadows being a little darker, but I'm not sure if that would work with the overlay of the paper. I do like the photo and kinda like the mystery of not knowing what the letter actually says.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    I think it looks sad because of the angle of the face and the mood of the blue coloring. I'm assuming that is you in the picture Kasey? From the shot of you I get the feeling that you're laying in bed wanting to be alone feeling dejected. Regardless of the specific situation here, I think most people would get the generel point of the photo. The one thing I would like to see different is the shadows being a little darker, but I'm not sure if that would work with the overlay of the paper. I do like the photo and kinda like the mystery of not knowing what the letter actually says.
    you're right that is me in the picture. yea i wanted the shadows to be darker too. and they are in the bottom layer, but the letter lightens the shadows so it's a little impossible for that to happen. thanks for your comment.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 2, 2005
    It's a nice composition and if I guess correctly, very much conveys the
    emotion of the letter's subject.

Nicely done.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • OneWayMuleOneWayMule Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    The image def. has a very somber and almost depressing and mournful feel to it. My first thought was suicide... the eyes appearing slightly open made me think of someone going through a very low point in life. Some of the words also seem dragged where the subject is incapable of gathering enough energy to even write.

I think its a very beautiful and powerful image.

Hope youre doing much better now :)
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    I think I have gone back to this photo 10 times today. I too hope you are doing better now.. Thnxs for sharing...
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    wow thanks for the kind words! i definately wasn't expecting that. yea it was a while ago and it's past for the most part. i hope i can produce more images that get that reaction. thanks again!