Tree crotch landscape

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited April 18, 2011 in Landscapes
1256438353_LZfgm5j-L.jpg

C&C welcome,

DOn
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    It's very busy; I have no idea what I'm supposed to look at. Coupled with the fact that the thing that sticks out most, the orange thing (fungus?) is out of focus, I can't say as it works for me at all.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    Thank you for looking and commenting, CatOne. I am trying to play with the viewer's sense of scale. this is a tree crotch, not a large landscape. The orange is a bit of pumpkin left through the winter, since the fall! :D

He is a crop which may work better, with the remaining bit of offending pumpkin desaturated.

1256877888_8Gg46tC-L.jpg

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    I like where you're going with this, but agree that the busyness of the scene doesn't do you any favors. Possibly if it had a focus like a mushroom or bird's feather, that could assist, but it won't help your want to create an illusion of scale. I do a lot of microscapes myself and this is the kind of thing I always struggle with. I think more experimentation is needed.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    Thanks, Wicked_Dark. Fortunately this tree is nearby and I can reshoot! I'll see what I can come up with. thumb.gif

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk