Ball of cheese

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited April 19, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Borrowed my neighbors telescope to try out this shot on Saturday, what do you think? I'm pretty sure an 800mm lens would do better. (plus I suck at manual focus on a telescope through the camera viewfinder)

1254595846_XmM6VvS-XL.jpg

Comments

• nitewagnitewag Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    I'd say you did pretty good on the focus. great shot
    clap.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 19, 2011
    I agree--the focus looks fine. You might want to use live view at 10x magnification instead of the viewfinder for focusing. I was fairly pleased with it the last time I tried a moon shot.
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    I agree--the focus looks fine. You might want to use live view at 10x magnification instead of the viewfinder for focusing. I was fairly pleased with it the last time I tried a moon shot.
    I tried live view, but since there is not aperature control it just looked like a big bright blur. Also not sure how to magnify in live view.ne_nau.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 19, 2011
    You magnify and can pan using the same buttons that you use when reviewing pics in the LCD. On the 50D, there's also a menu setting that lets you simulate the exposure the shot will have, instead of wide open. You should be able to see clearly enough to focus manually. If you want to get fancy, you can tether the camera and see the preview on a laptop screen, though I have never bothered with this.