Options

Smugvault questions

huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited August 1, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Who here is using smugvault? How do you utilize it? Just drag and drop or do you use a utility keep your files in sync with your desktop?

1) Why is smugvault so expensive? Amazon U3 through other services normally charge $0.10/up, $0.15/down per GB while smugvault charges $1/mo + $0.30/GB/up, $0.51/GB/up. Also Smugvault charges $0.22/GB for storage while U3 charges $0.14/GB. (For example Jungledisk)

2) How do you access the smugvault? It says smugmug uploaders, so does this mean it is web only? How do you organize your data (excel, pdf, etc?)
My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    1. SmugVault's integrated with your SmugMug account and galleries. You can attach your RAW files to photos in your galleries to have them all in one place.
    In addition, you can enable the preview feature to create preview images for the files we upload if we support the format. That way you don't have to separately upload a JPG just to see a preview of your RAW file allowing you to visually browse your RAWs.
    If you don't need the integration with your SmugMug account and the added functionality, you could use any another S3 service.

2. Uploading to your SmugVault is done in the same way as you upload photos. It depends on the specific uploader you use if it supports uploading to SmugVault. I'd check with the developer first to make sure. Some uploaders are just for uploading photos and may not support files for SmugVault.
    With our browser uploaders, you can just go to any gallery or create a new gallery, and use the browser uploader to add files to your SmugVault. As mentioned above, you can upload SmugVault files to any existing gallery.
    You then use the regular gallery tools to organize your files - unless attach a file or it gets automatically attached to an existing photo (if it has the same file name minus the extension), SmugVault files show up as separate items in the gallery.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    Thanks Sebastian.
    So excel, pdf, doc files all show up as list of files in a gallery with default icons?
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    maxandleomaxandleo Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2016
    what did everyone do with their old smug vault files or are they lost with the cancellation of the program? i can no longer go to smug vault