Lab

ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited April 24, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
What do you think? x
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 21, 2011
    Nice shot of a beautiful dog, but it's a little soft.
    I couldn't get my black lab to sit still long enough to take a good "portrait" of her.
  • happionehappione Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2011
    Nice shot, I swear Black Labs must be the hardest dogs to photograph, looks like fun was being had. thumb.gif
  • ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2011
    'Soft' ?? How would I change or improve that? I'm pretty much pointing and shooting so please keep it simple :)
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2011
    If you divide the picture in 4 equal horizontal sections, the only one near to be in focus is the lower one.
    Look at the dog's eyes and at the red ball.
    You'll find the difference right there.
    Looks like blurry, perhaps your focus point was not at the dog eyes.
    Some other more knowledgeable people than I, will chip in and help.
    My 0.02 cents.beer.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 22, 2011
    ChaKira wrote: »
    'Soft' ?? How would I change or improve that? I'm pretty much pointing and shooting so please keep it simple :)

When I say soft, I mean nothing is in focus. With a portrait, human or animal, the eyes are usually tack sharp. Did you do any post processing? Most digital photos need to be sharpened a little. However, if nothing is in focus that won't help. I don't know your experience level...send me a PM if you want more help.
  • cromwellcromwell Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2011
    It doesn't look all that soft to me...nothing a little sharpening won't cure. Judging by the focused grass, it looks like you're probably in between the nose and eyes instead of the eyes for the most focused part, so no real biggie when shot at such a wide angle and having the use of Photoshop. It might have been a little better if the dog was a little cooler and not showing so much tongue. I have that problem a lot with my Amber(female yellow lab). She has one of the longest tongues I've ever seen. She broke a bottom canine tooth off yesterday, so now her tongue hangs to the side with just a tiny pant going.....her posing days are now for sure about over. Looks like this dog would be about the same if he lost a bottom canine. Anyway, you do have good lighting and a nice pose.
    My Smugmug
    Scott Cromwell
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2011
    That's one big tongue!

Good looking companion thumb.gif
    Randy
  • banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2011
    Hahah someone looks happy
    hope your doing well everyone says hi havent herd from you in a while good to see your still snapping away
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)
  • ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2011
    Thanks, was just a random shot when at a cricket match lol:)

Hi Wardy, still snapping away haha hi to everyone back

Megan Amelia Photography
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2011
    That's what I call a 'Happy Dog' :D
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 24, 2011
    Actually, a great picture. You could throw the ball a bit more for some longer tongue :)
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?