wife and daughter quick pics cc welcome

neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited April 21, 2011 in People
I just whipped out my camera and did these quick cause I thought the wifey looked nice coming home from work.. so I told her to plant her butt on the table and let me snap a couple.. of course our oldest decided to join in the fun.. whatya think?

1238070315_ki4HS-L.jpg

1238070657_5nm9c-L.jpg

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2011
    Really like the second. The vignette is a bit heavyhanded though. Your wife is a beautiful model, but then you already knew that. One thing that I think distracts from the first image is that my eye is drawn right to the part in her hair. That nice shiny scalp needs to be toned down. Notice how much nicer the second image is in that regard.

Your wall is awesome. What a great photo backdrop!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2011
    These are great catches.....if you want critical critique.....I agree on #1 referring to John's comment. Also watch out for the claw hand. On #2 I like the vignette but that is just personal likes. You family is georgous. Next time have you wife sit up and not slouch. I know it was at the end of the day but her upper body would come out and the wrinkles in the mid section would have been less. You've got two great models. Use them again then take them out to dinner.
    PS. the frame is distracting. Did you take something out of the frame in photoshop?
  • neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2011
    good stuff to think about.. heck , I didn't even see that she was slouching...lol... I will have to yell at her next time to not slouch .. :) .. also, the hair shininess.. note taken..

where is there claw hand.. what am I missing there?

nothing was photoshop'ed out in either of the pics.. just a different angle.. i agree about the photo in the mirror.. I did this so quickly, she really wasn't in the mood and I didn't want to push it... :)

thanks for the kind words...

edit: are you talking about her left hand in #2.. should hands always be flat like her other one?
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2011
    I think Charles is referring to her splayed right (CL) hand in #1. It's usually considered to look nicer if the fingers are relaxed, but together, like the top hand in #2. Oh, and it isn't the hair that "offends" me in #1, but the stark white scalp in the part. Look at the nice skin tone of the face, then at the part. Not so nice. The light was just too direct there.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.