Spring Smiles!

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited April 24, 2011 in People
I've been getting into off camera, high speed sync, flash photography. Here is one shot taken today with a bare flash taken during noon. Thanks for looking! :D

5647293153_a36429ffe7_b.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2011
    Looks good for a noon shot. The flash is pretty harsh, if the light were softer it would be even better.
    Crop half of the flowers off the bottom and you are there.
    Nice shot.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2011
    zoomer wrote: »
    Looks good for a noon shot. The flash is pretty harsh, if the light were softer it would be even better.
    Crop half of the flowers off the bottom and you are there.
    Nice shot.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I know the light is harsh. I actually set the flash in an umbrella, but the umbrella killed the light and I wasn't getting good results. Going forward I plan on shooting such pics morning or afternoon (not noon time as I did, when it is really hard to kill the ambient light). Additionally, I plan on combining two or three flashes to get a couple more stops of light. That way I can use the umbrella too.

Cheers,
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2011
    I really love it! Well done!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2011
    The exposure is well balanced but I agree with Zoom-a-zoom-zoom that the shadows are a bit harsh. Not bad for noon time sun though.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site