Options

Smugmug " Shame on You "

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited October 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
i have always been a huge supporter of smugmug over pbase and other online picture hosts. as a matter of fact ive built up enough credits to pay for three years memberships. i have always listed smugmug when somebody asks for info about how and where to post a picture. Boiy was I surprised to see this message on my home page:

Your credit card has expired. Please update your card details in your account settings to ensure your account will remain active. We know how important your photos are so we'll do our best to reach you before your account is made inactive or any photos are deleted. The email address we're trying to contact you at is:etc.....

so smugmug would delete my photos when i still have $140.00 in credits??
they havent even tried to contact me....

troy

Comments

• Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Troy,

I would bet that this is an automatic message that comes up when your credit card expiration date is expiring. I would imagine that the Smugmug system doesn't take into affect that you already have a credit on your account.

I'm sure someone from Smugmug will confirm this, but I know of other systems that do this. At least I would hope that Smugmug wouldn't just delete all your files. ne_nau.gif

That's great that you have some many credits available to you though!

Regards,

Fred
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    maybe im just in a bad mood tonite after being ripped off seeing fiddler on the roof with Harvey Fierstein ( who can not sing! ) so when i see this message from smugmug, i might have over reacted ...

Techman1 wrote:
    Troy,

I would bet that this is an automatic message that comes up when your credit card expiration date is expiring. I would imagine that the Smugmug system doesn't take into affect that you already have a credit on your account.

I'm sure someone from Smugmug will confirm this, but I know of other systems that do this. At least I would hope that Smugmug wouldn't just delete all your files. ne_nau.gif

That's great that you have some many credits available to you though!

Regards,

Fred
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    troy: your account isn't going to be deleted becuase you have so many credits from referring many times new people to smugmug :D

the message you got, is generated when the system sees an expired credit card. it's put on your control panel but not on your public homepage and it's the first step in notifying folks that need to update their credit card info.

imagine, with tens of thousands of customers that there has to be automated notices in place, yeah?

sorry you had a bad night at the theater! tomorrow's soccer day, you'll feel better. maybe buy a lens, eh troy? :D
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    Andy, I payed for 8 people to see the show and i flipped out. I love that musical and when i heard him sing i said to myself outloud - he sucks! so i was in a bad mood, and i overreacted to the message..... a new lens?? hmmmm so what exactly is your opinion of the 24-105 on a 20D?

you can answer in elsewhere if needed..

troy
    andy wrote:
    troy: your account isn't going to be deleted becuase you have so many credits from referring many times new people to smugmug :D

the message you got, is generated when the system sees an expired credit card. it's put on your control panes but not on your public homepage and it's the first step in notifying folks that need to update their credit card info.

imagine, with tens of thousands of customers that there has to be automated notices in place, yeah?

sorry you had a bad night at the theater! tomorrow's soccer day, you'll feel better. maybe buy a lens, eh troy? :D
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    As andy said troy..no way would SM wipe anyone like that. I had the same msg so i just updated my details & things were fine.

Would hate to have cut you off in traffic on the way home.eek7.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    Andy, I payed for 8 people to see the show and i flipped out. I love that musical and when i heard him sing i said to myself outloud - he sucks! so i was in a bad mood, and i overreacted to the message..... a new lens?? hmmmm

It is a great musical. I don't like a lot of musicals, but I do really, really like that one.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops