Options

Problems logging out

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited October 2, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Every time I attempt to log out of Dgrin on my Mac under 10.4.2, I get the message "an error occurred while attempting to log you out. Click here to log out". When I do this, I then get a message saying my cookies have been cleared meaning that, when I next log in, my user name and password details have been forgotten and I need to enter them again.

I'm get this problem with both Safari and Firefox (no, I won't be using IE!). It's extremely frustrating. Can anyone suggest what's going wrong?

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    All I can do is confirm that I have the same problem.

My solution: never sign out! (I know, not much help).

Are you saving your log-in in Keychain Access? You turn that on in your Safari prefs.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    I am using Safari Version 2.0.1 (412.5) and I get the same thing,
    I get the message "an error occurred while attempting to log you out. Click here to log out".
    but when I click the second log out link it does log me out.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2005
    Is the log out function working correctly for anyone? If so, what is your operating system and browser?

PS I'm also wondering why the 'location' in my profile doesn't display. Curious that!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited October 2, 2005
    Is the log out function working correctly for anyone? If so, what is your operating system and browser?

PS I'm also wondering why the 'location' in my profile doesn't display. Curious that!
    I think I can answer the last point. You need to have an entry in all the fields of the profile for the location to show up. If you don't feel like sharing some of that information, you can simply enter a space in that field. Silly software.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2005
    Great!
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I think I can answer the last point. You need to have an entry in all the fields of the profile for the location to show up. If you don't feel like sharing some of that information, you can simply enter a space in that field. Silly software.
    Thanks Richard, that fixed it. You're right, it is silly software!

Now to my logout problem - anyone?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005

Now to my logout problem - anyone?

sure would be nice if the "forum cleaner" would fix this li'l problem, eh? ne_nau.gif