Mother's Day is coming

BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited April 26, 2011 in People
So here's some mothers day pictures! There are a few , but I would love to hear your thoughts. Let me know what you think of the processing etc...
Thanks
Heather

1.dykes%202_0068-M.jpg

2.dykes%202_0026-M.jpg

3.dykes%202_0043-M.jpg

4.dykes3_0204-M.jpg

5.dykes3_0233%20copy-M.jpg

6hazel%20kids_0016-M.jpg

7hazel%20kids_0057-M.jpg

8. hazel%20kids_0094-M.jpg

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    GREAT photos, the pp works for me in all of them. The last one is smashing !!!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • lanaerlanaer Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    The processing in #1 looks well-done, though I'm not a fan of that style.

#6 I think would look better if it were less green, and it looks like #7 could use a bit more brightness & contrast.

Also, 7 & 8 might do better with a tighter crop (cropping off the top & bottom). This would give a wider aspect ratio, though (so don't do it if you need to stick to standard print sizes, etc.).

All others look great!
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    Wow, what fun shots. I like your creativity.

I really like the lighting on #2 (likely my favorite shot), but the tilt on the window frame and hand rail make me mental.

I want to put one more child in the vacant spot on the right side on #4--that or recrop to even out the sides.....

#6 is a no for me...is this in a bathroom?? Whos hands are in whos pockets. I love the happiness in the girls though.

#7--I love that location and would love to go shoot there. The squatting thing is not particularly attractive though.

#8--really nice.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    Awww! I bet the mommies are going to cherish those! How fun to have photos like that of your kids! iloveyou.gif

#1 is precious ... maybe a bit hard with the processing, but I guess it depends on your entire set / style ... *I* would dial it down though ...

#2 Very nice photos, nice light also .... but gotta watch those fingers! deal.gif

#3 Nice photo, the girls right side is a bit dark, a reflector would have probably done the trick ... or if you don't have a reflector handy photoshop will do the trick :D

#4 Hm. Don't really like this one .... there is a no-sole rule in photography :D ... I think it counts for bare feet also ne_nau.gif I've seen better from you :D In my opinion anybody could have taken this shot ...

#5 Nice photo. I'd probably not cut as tight on the bottom ... but it's a frame filler :D

#6 Cute, but the processing is a bit green rolleyes1.gif:D

#7 & 8. Hm. In general there is nothing wrong with having people sitting down or laying like this, but *in my opinion* it looks a bit funny to have a bog crowd do exactly the same thing. I would have mixed it up a bit ... #7 looks like a fun spot, why not scatter the kids around a bit (which I guess you did) but also make sure everybody pics a pose they're comfortable in? I doubt they have all the same personality, ... like this it kinda looks like some birdies sitting on a wire ..., not much personality coming trough, if you know what I mean

Oh boy .... I hope you didn't take my comments the wrong way ...
  • BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Thank you
    Thank you everyone , this is exactly what I want. I don't want everyone to say " nice job" I want to hear how I can do better. I get excited when I see what people comment then i go and look at each picture and almost 100% of the time I think "they are so right!" I need to tone down that processing or that would have made the shot better to scatter everyone, or wow how come I didn't notice everyone was a little bit green rolleyes1.gifLaughing.gif .

Please keep it coming. I am buliding my business and have a LOT to learn from you all!!

Thanks!
    Heather