Just a few shots from Friday's Portrait Session

JustinFloodPhotoJustinFloodPhoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 26, 2011 in People
I haven't really posted on here much before, but I figured now is as good of a time as any. let me know what you guys think :)

i-BGxcLXT-XL.jpg

i-kjS2Z76-XL.jpg

i-453jXZK-X2.jpg

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 25, 2011
    For the most part these shots are great. I have a couple of nits. There is a difference in her skin between #1 & 2 (freckles and no freckles). Also, in #2 & 3, her bra is showing. My wife would kill me if I posted shots like that. These are minor things that can be fixed. Let's see more!

About the model in the shots...iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    I really like #1. Very expressive. #2 is also very good, but I find the BG a bit too much.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    Justin, very cute posing and exressions. I know it is outside but watch the hair when you can. She is a plus size girl and you've broad lighted her which makes her face wider that it is. Just watch out for that. Good stuff, post more.
  • JustinFloodPhotoJustinFloodPhoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2011
    captain78 wrote: »
    For the most part these shots are great. I have a couple of nits. There is a difference in her skin between #1 & 2 (freckles and no freckles). Also, in #2 & 3, her bra is showing. My wife would kill me if I posted shots like that. These are minor things that can be fixed. Let's see more!

About the model in the shots...iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

Thanks! I'll keep the freckle thing in mind. The bra part was intentional. She wanted a slightly sultry look to the images with the bit of bra showing.

Glad you like them though!
  • DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    She has nice expressions. The colors look natural. Perspective seems that you were using a wide angle lens. If that's the case I don't suggest doing that for close-up portraits as it makes everything seem larger. Plus size or not this is not recommended. Nice job though.
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2011
    Maybe it's just me...but the first shot- the whites of her eyes look really red. Possibly when you boosted the saturation on your color?? The right eye almost makes me think she has pink eye. Overall I really like the shots however.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    #3 is quite nice, very good composition and there is a great story in this image. Was surprised that no one even mentioned it.

With a girl of her shape, either moving your feet about 20-30 degrees to the left or having her turn her hips would have flattered her much better.

In addition, I would have brought her legs together, feet together, feet closer to camera and then knees together and away from camera (hard to explain, better with a sample). This gives your subject shape and also helps with slimming.

#1 becomes a stronger image if you have her lift her chin just a bit and then pull her neck forward - slims the neck/face. Feels awkward for them, looks great on camera.