Options

5D - 24-105 and a B-Day Party

ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
edited October 2, 2005 in People
Had a good chance to try out the new camera and lens today at our little one's sixth birthday party. So far, I like the combo of the 5D and 24-104.

38304664-M.jpg

38304647-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    What do you guys do for a living
    .. that you can afford all those new bodies/lenses like that?headscratch.gif
    Great shots, btw!:D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Great shots Ed. She's a real cutie !

I think that would be the icing on the cake for me lens wise. Its dear but its L so it will hold its value.
    Gus
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    way too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice equipment, great model!

troy

38304664-M.jpg
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    lovely, ed.
    congrats on your new kit!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    Had a good chance to try out the new camera and lens today at our little one's sixth birthday party. So far, I like the combo of the 5D and 24-104.
    Ed,

Nice shots, and congratulations on the new camera, but I think someone needs to point out that this might not be the best camera for you. :cry

You are used to the 1.6 field of view. The 5D is FF. You like to chase bears in the woods. When looking through the 5D viewfinder you are likely in all the excitment to forget this, and just about the time you have Mr bear filling said viwefinder you may notice the hot steamy breath on your face.

So in order to prepare for this event I recomend to attach a note to your 5D that reads sometning like: "If found in the woods by a pile of bear poop, and ripped clothing send to, (insert my name and address). :):

No, don't thank me...........I'm glad to help. Besides Andy will be selling his before I have enough money to buy it. :D

Sam
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    Ed,

Nice shots, and congratulations on the new camera, but I think someone needs to point out that this might not be the best camera for you. :cry

You are used to the 1.6 field of view. The 5D is FF. You like to chase bears in the woods. When looking through the 5D viewfinder you are likely in all the excitment to forget this, and just about the time you have Mr bear filling said viwefinder you may notice the hot steamy breath on your face.

So in order to prepare for this event I recomend to attach a note to your 5D that reads sometning like: "If found in the woods by a pile of bear poop, and ripped clothing send to, (insert my name and address). :):

No, don't thank me...........I'm glad to help. Besides Andy will be selling his before I have enough money to buy it. :D

Sam
    LMAO -- Good point Sam..

Thanks Everyone... The 5D for me will not replace my 1DMKII, the cameras are different enough to co-exist in the bag. For me, the 5D is not quite fast enough for wildlife, but for landscapes and people over the age of 10 ( under 10, kids are faster than wild animals ) it should work out great..
  • Options
    thallidaythalliday Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    OK Ed, I'll make you a label for the back of the camera. "Objects in the viewfinder are closer than they appear." :uhoh
    -Tom

A photographer and his money are soon parted.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 2, 2005
    Nice Ed.

Happy B-day too thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Super Cute model. Sharp and excellent color with the camera and lens! I'll bet they make a nice pair. Personally i think the 1DmkIIN is in my future, rather then the 5D though. I do a mix of sports and Weddings and think that would be a better choice, for me!

No doubt the 5D is an awesome tool though, I am sure you will get much use out of it!
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix