my daughter

jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
edited June 28, 2011 in People
I just picked up a Sigma 85 1.4. This shot was taken at 2.8, with a D700. I'm very happy with this lens.

dsc_3575t-3_pp-L.jpg

Comments

• jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    An an excuse for a shameless bump... Her mom thinks she should have licked her lips before the shot, because they look dry. I don't entirely disagree, and I could have softened them up in post, but I would rather they have a little character than end up looking unnatural.

Any thoughts on this? It's difficult to know when to stop "fixing" things. I would welcome opinions.

Thanks
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    The major problem with this if you were to enter it in a professional competition would be the nose breaking the far cheek line and only part of the far eye. That is a big concern for comp. Also clean up the hair on the far side from the lips down. If you want juicy lips stop by the drug store and pick up some of the lip gloss they sell. Some if it is very wet looking. I try to keep a tube of that handy at all times. Good shot and keep posting.
    edited April 26, 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I wasn't actually going for juicy lips, I just didn't think they looked dry enough to warrant fixing in PP. She has tons of lip gloss, but I wanted the shot to look natural. She was on her way out the door, or I could have tried with and without.

Thanks again for your comments. I'll keep them in mind for next time.
    edited June 28, 2011
    Better? From her pre-Prom party.
    DSC4313T-M.jpg