Getting in to Concert Photography

ReLLiK75ReLLiK75 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited May 23, 2011 in People
Hi Everyone...

I'm new on SmugMug. I just paid for my Pro account and have been slowly working on getting my site up and running. I've been playing around in photography for the past 7 years or so, but never really "did" anything with it. This year, I'm trying to make the push to actually turn this into a part-time job and then eventually make it my new career. I've recently started off trying to break in to concert photography and fortunately have had some good opportunities. I recently was able to shoot Train and another group here in Las Vegas by the name of Mosaic.

Some of my pics are attached. I'd really appreciate any critiques you may have. Also since my portfolio is relatively small, any advise on how to get people to take a chance and use you for major gigs, aside from emailing PR people asking for photo passes? I've tried the email route, but the response is usually the same: What media outlet are you with?

dsc_5256-M.jpg
dsc_5222-M.jpg
dsc_5232-M.jpg
dsc_6358-M.jpg
dsc_6644-M.jpg
dsc_6833-M.jpg
Wayne Posner Photography
Blog: http://blog.wayneposner.com

Comments

• WhitefootWhitefoot Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 21, 2011
    Welcome to the world of Concert Photography. There are many people looking to get those passes for the big shows. You really need to be for a outlet to shoot many large shows. I was able to jump right in with a large promoter, as I got pretty lucky. What I can say, is just keep shooting, even smaller acts. Usually easier to get into smaller acts. Look at venues, see if anyone needs a venue photographer, which can allow you to many shows. Keep at it.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

www.MatthewLambPhotography.com
    Matthew@MatthewLambPhotography.com
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Photos attached? Where?

Sam
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    all I can see of the pictures are the little blue squares.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited May 23, 2011
    The links you supplied are to Web pages, not the images themselves. Right click on the image and copy the image location. How To Post on Dgrin