Options

SOLD: Calumet Travelite 750 Monolight + Wein Safe Sync

Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
edited April 28, 2011 in The Kitchen Sink
SOLD

At 750 watt-seconds, this is a very powerful flash (an AB1600 or Einstein is 640 w/s, for comparison). Overpowering sunlight is no problem with this light. It has a built in optical slave and a 1/4" sync port, and a 250 watt, dimmable modeling light so you can easily see how your light is going to look before shooting. The mount is a standard Bowens "S" type mount for which there lots of modifers available from the high end bowens branded stuff down to a whole array of ebay softboxes, reflectors, snoots, and beauty dishes. It also includes the flash tube cover and A/C power cord.

Also included is a Wein Safe Sync which regulates the triggering voltage to 6 volts. This alone is a $55 part if bought new from B&H. It's useful because it allows the light to be triggered by the "cheap but good" Chinese radio triggers such as the RF-602 (which is what I used with it). Not sure which triggers will or won't work with the light by itself, but everything will work if you have the Safe Sync attached so there's no worries.

The light itself is in perfect working condition. There are some scratches on the body and on the chrome part where the modifiers mount. These are purely cosmetic and do not affect the operation of the flash at all. Also, one time I turned on the light (and modeling light) and forgot to take the front cover off (stupid, I know). By the time I realized what had happened it had melted and deformed a little. However, nothing on the flash, modeling light, or flash tube was affected and it still fits on the flash and does its job. I included a close up below to show you this.

This is a very powerful and durable strobe, at a great price. Reply here or PM me if you're interested. Asking $270 shipped. That's $100 less than an AB1600 not counting shipping, for a light that's a bit more powerful, and has a much better modeling light and better build quality (plus the Wein Safe Sync).

Here are some photos of the flash and the Safe Sync (it's sitting inside the cord):

i-pZsm23w-X3.jpg

i-KpwKDHM-X3.jpg

i-6MPx3VQ-X3.jpg

i-JxVRNFw-X3.jpg

i-Jj6tjhs-X3.jpg

i-tqTqL3z-X3.jpg

i-DTmKMqs-X3.jpg

And here are some shots showing how I used this light to overpower the sun:

i-mgfNvZ5-L.jpg

i-mZLbfRK-L.jpg

i-NFDGXL2-L.jpg

i-LVJZd5h-L.jpg