Options

Customer wants to change order.

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited September 25, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a guy that ordered a few prints because he somehow couldn't figure out how to download. He thought he might get the file with the print?

Anyway he gave me a call and said he wants to change his order from prints to downloads. Is there an easy way to cancel and change on his end or mine?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    As always, anything time sensitive and personal-order sensitive, pleas write our Support Heroes and we handle these from the help desk, not Dgrin.
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    We figured it out Andy. I am just sending the order in and shooting him some files. Just keeping it simple and keeping a good kid happy. Next time I have a question like that I will shoot it to the heros!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    As always, anything time sensitive and personal-order sensitive, pleas write our Support Heroes and we handle these from the help desk, not Dgrin.
    I'm not too happy about my recent experience with this.

I got two orders at 12:30a and 12:36a cst. Both were from the same customer who I know personally. It was obvious that he just forgot some images in his first order. At 1:28a cst I saw these emails and fired off an email to help@smugmug.com requesting that these orders be combined to save my customer shipping. At 5:27a cst, I received a response:

"Hi Samir,

Thank you for contacting SmugMug. Our order system is almost fully automated and
    once an order is placed, we cannot make any changes nor can we combine an order.
    If the orders haven't processed yet, we could only try to cancel them so your client
    could place a new order themselves. If you'd like us to try to cancel the orders,
    we'd need to know as soon as possible. Once processing starts, we can't stop an
    order anymore."

I made a timely request that I believe could have been changed if support got to it in time. I feel like I did my part and SM dropped the ball. If I'm mistaken, let me know.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    SamirD wrote: »
    I made a timely request that I believe could have been changed if support got to it in time. I feel like I did my part and SM dropped the ball. If I'm mistaken, let me know.

You emailed when we and the labs are closed (Smuggy Help Desk is offline from 12ET to about 3-4am ET) and the labs were certainly closed. And it's true, orders are automated and they were being printed before we could do anything.

Still no worries, write back, ATTN: Andy and I'll hook you up and make it like only one order happened, as far as shipping goes.
  • Options
    I didn't realize the help desk had hours. I always thought it was a 24x7 schedule. So if the orders print without any type of human intervention how did Bay Photo hand retouch the photos before printing? headscratch.gif Or was the order just so deeply in the order process at that point that nothing could be done?

If all this happened during business hours, would it have been possible to combine the orders? If so, how quickly do I have to catch it? Within 1hr? 30mins? 5mins?

Email sent. Thank you Andy.
  • Options
    We can do magic to orders at certain times, it depends - usually it's during "normal" business hours (daylight). But we can NEVER guarantee that we can combine orders. We have super powers to be able to cancel orders and combine them though, as long as they are not in production at the labs.
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2011
    Thank you for the reply Andy. But I've still got the same two questions I asked.

If the order printed without any type of human intervention how did Bay Photo hand retouch the photos before printing? Or was the order just so deeply in the order process at that point that nothing could be done?

If all this happened during business hours, how quickly do I have to catch it to have a possibility to change it? Within 1hr? 30mins? 5mins?

Thank you in advance for the replies.
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2011
    Or was the order just so deeply in the order process at that point that nothing could be done?
    It's really difficult to pull orders once they get into the process (at any of our labs).

If all this happened during business hours, how quickly do I have to catch it to have a possibility to change it? Within 1hr? 30mins? 5mins?
    Can't really say - all I can say is let us know asap, and we try our best. But if you have your orders in proof delay, then we can always combine shipping, cancel things, etc - you just email our heroes and ask before you push the big red button thumb.gif
  • Options
    It's really difficult to pull orders once they get into the process (at any of our labs).
    Can't really say - all I can say is let us know asap, and we try our best. But if you have your orders in proof delay, then we can always combine shipping, cancel things, etc - you just email our heroes and ask before you push the big red button thumb.gif
    Hmmm...not much to go on here Andy besides proof delay. Do the orders get to the lab instantaneously? Or is there a processing time of some sort while it's still at SM? I need to figure out if I need to drop everything I'm working on the second I see an order as if every millisecond counts.
  • Options
    Hmmm...not much to go on here Andy besides proof delay. Do the orders get to the lab instantaneously? Or is there a processing time of some sort while it's still at SM? I need to figure out if I need to drop everything I'm working on the second I see an order as if every millisecond counts.

Every millisecond counts, Samir. Orders go to the lab instantly. This is why Proof Delay is so awesome.
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2011
    Every millisecond counts, Samir. Orders go to the lab instantly. This is why Proof Delay is so awesome.
    Good to know. Thank you for the clarifications. thumb.gif
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2011

This has not been my experience. We recently had a customer forget to hit "apply" on a free shipping coupon. I was told the only option was to cancel the order. It was in proof delay...
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    This has not been my experience. We recently had a customer forget to hit "apply" on a free shipping coupon. I was told the only option was to cancel the order. It was in proof delay...

That is right - we heroes cancel the order, duplicate it, and apply the coupon for you (or your customer). Easy to do.
  • Options
    That is right - we heroes cancel the order, duplicate it, and apply the coupon for you (or your customer). Easy to do.

Nope, I was told they would cancel it and the customer would have to recreate the order (which they did not want to do), so we refunded them the shipping $ ourselves via paypal.

Exact quote from help desk:
    We could cancel the order as long as it's in proof delay so your customer could place a new order with the coupon.

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    Order #2450251 BTW

• Options
    Nope, I was told they would cancel it and the customer would have to recreate the order (which they did not want to do), so we refunded them the shipping $ ourselves via paypal.

Exact quote from help desk:

This is not how we should've handled it - I will address. Do you happen to have a ticket# for me? Thanks.
  • Options
    I replied to help@smugmug.com straight from the proof delay email - I don't see a ticket number? Just an order number (2450251)

• Options
    Found it - 30087

• Options
    Found it - 30087

Thanks - how much shipping did you refund to your customer? We will cover that. If you email back to the help desk, ATTN: Andy, I can refund that $ to you.

I'm very sorry for the mixup!
  • Options
    Just sent email - thanks!