Options

"Recent Photo's" not updating and stuck indexing?

GloriousnseGloriousnse Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited April 26, 2011 in Bug Reporting
I seem to have come up with a couple of issues which seemed to start at roughly the time of last night's short outage - apologies that I can't tie it down further.

I was uploading images at the time Smugmug went offline and circa 20 images in the middle of a block of circa 200 didn't upload.

When the site came back I then tried to upload the "missing" ones but ended up with lots of "dead" photo links that would not appear.

I then decided to delete the whole gallery and re-upload. The new version of the gallery is here:

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/DaysOut/2011daysout/2011-04-21-London-Area/16771993_dGsWV2#1265570309_whnSwb4

That seems to have worked in terms of uploading and I can now see all the images, but the front page "recent photo's" box still appears to link to the images uploaded before last nights problem, which of course are not there, clicking on those images reloads the home page.

No images uploaded since then appear to exist in "recent photo's".

The RSS "Recent Galleries" feed appear to be working correctly but the RSS "Recent Photo's" feed is also not working.

Many (possibly all?) of the images uploaded after last nights outage are also still stuck in indexing (must be 12 hours later for many of them, so well beyond the normal time that takes) - so they don't yet show up in searches or in smart galleries either?

Should I try and delete it/re-upload it again? Thanks in advance for any help?

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 26, 2011
    Sorry about that. The process that handles keyword indexing, and the recent photos etc do occasionally get backed up after we have down times. It can take a while for it to catch up. Lets wait a bit and see if things clear up. If not, I can get the Ops team to take a look once they sign on.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2011
    No problem, can't do much from here at work anyhow but i'll check it and update here either way when I get home this evening. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2011
    :ivar Don't know if you guys gave it a quick kick behind the scenes or not, but it's all working again now. Many thanks for your help either way!