Nearly 13

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited April 28, 2011 in People
Just a quick grabshot on Easter while MiniD was sitting on the porch (trying desperately to ignore me and NOT let me take pictures :D).

i-6Csb3qr-L.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    This is a gorgeous photo! I can't believe how much she has grown (since you're on this forum) .... and how much your skills have improved! iloveyou.gif
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Very lovely.

Love the crop, the smooth skin tones and the way the eyes pop off the picture for you.

I hope your soon to be 13-year-old doesn't think she's soon to be 20 like mine does!:D
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Gorgeous! thumb.gif
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    HI Divamum:)
    I feel the same, having been on dgrin for a couple of years I enjoy these posts that show how the kids have grown.

I love her eyes in this shot--wonderful POV.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • CASowersCASowers Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Agree...her eyes and POV look similar to Jeffreaux's recent Frame Fillers tutorial. Really nice!!
    Chris Sowers
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Great shot of her considering she was not wanting her picture taken....mine will be twelve this year.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Awwwl thanks you guys iloveyou.gif

Angie - too funny that you'd be the first to chime in, because as I was processing it I had YOUR skintones and brightness of style in my head!! thumb.gif Thanks for the very kind words. Yes, she sure has changed a lot since I first started posting here in 2008 (I joined before that, but never actually even lurked much before that summer of 08!). And I'm glad that all the hard work you guys have put into me by patiently guiding my efforts is paying off - I owe it entirely to dgrin nod.gifbowdown.gif

And yes, she's 12 going on 20 - aren't they all? Rey, you better batten down the hatches..... rolleyes1.gif
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Oh yeah! She's gorgeous, and I'm guessing you're liking the 24-70?
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    Angie - too funny that you'd be the first to chime in, because as I was processing it I had YOUR skintones and brightness of style in my head!! thumb.gif

:hide wave.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    from kitty ears to this amazing young lady. a brilliant picture !! pun intended !
    seriously the best you have taken of her ever.wings.gifbarbwings.gifbarb
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Lovely portrait of MiniD. Sometimes these shots with the least planning come out the best!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    clap.gif !!!
    Happy almost-birthday to MiniD and good luck with the teen years... :D
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Great shot DM! I think we both have challenges with our favorite subjects (yours is MiniD - mine is the L&T GentlyMad) not wanting their pictures taken. A small little nit, her nose looks very undefined between her camera right eye and the bridge. Not sure if it is a big deal but someone around here taught me to notice these things. Still a great fun shot, sometimes these are the best captures of memories.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited April 28, 2011
    Thanks everybody!! She's a great kid - we'll keep her iloveyou.gif

And for the kitty-ears lovers among you :D Spring 2009
    557365164_SuJJg-M.jpg

PS BB, yes, I wondered if anybody would notice that :) It's from the very bright processing; I liked the higher skintone enough to be willing to live with it, but you're absolutely right that the definition got a bit lost there!
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011

PS BB, yes, I wondered if anybody would notice that :) It's from the very bright processing; I liked the higher skintone enough to be willing to live with it, but you're absolutely right that the definition got a bit lost there!

And you know I say it with nothing but kindness. I also realize that sometimes a great shot breaks some rules.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited April 28, 2011
    And you know I say it with nothing but kindness. I also realize that sometimes a great shot breaks some rules.

Oh, of course!!! I'm not remotely upset/offended - it bugged me too, but not enough to give up the other elements I liked with that processing. :D It's often about compromises! thumb.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    And for the kitty-ears lovers among you :D Spring 2009

I was going to pitch a set in preparation for our move, and they were rescued by the 12-year-old.... It is wonderful when they still love the simple toys....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    My favorite portrait that you've posted of her so far! iloveyou.gif