Options

Help removing wind blown hair

brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
edited April 26, 2011 in Finishing School
Hello everyone -
I was hoping that you all could help me. I did a family photo for a friend, it was outside and very windy. I was not happy with how the shots came out, however the one they liked had one of the girls hair that blew diagonal across her face - ruined the whole shot for me. I was hoping that you would have some pointers on how to remove things like that to salvage the picture. Please keep in mind that I am using LightRoom and PS CS3.

Total noob with PP here for the most part, so if you could help by giving specific how to's or links to videos that would be most helpful.

Thank you all in advanced

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Please post the image so we can see how difficult to impossible this task might be. :D

Sam
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Even without seeing it, I can throw one idea out there: I've recently started fixing "wispies" with the liquify tool instead of cloning. Works a treat, takes less time, and somehow seems more natural to me. FWIW.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2011
    I am not wanting to post it for the simple reason that it STINKS, I could however PM it to you if you dont mind?
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited April 26, 2011
    If you can find a similar image to copy from, one that does not have the problem, that usually helps quite a bit and saves time.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2011
    Hi Ziggy, I do have another that would work - I am googling to find a video to show me how to do it and make it look right - what a learning experience!!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    brvheart wrote: »
    I am not wanting to post it for the simple reason that it STINKS, I could however PM it to you if you dont mind?

Sure go for it. But please send a full res file in case I take a real crack at it.

Sam
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited April 26, 2011
    I'm with Ziggy here. If you have several shots, one under the same posing and lighting with a good rendering of the lady, it wlll be much, much easier cloning her well favored likeness into another not so well rendered frame, than trying to remove hair without its being noticed.

Cloning from one frame to another is easy - Just select with a soft edge that which you wish to move from your good portrait, to your frame needing improvement, and using the clone tool, copy the desired portion from one frame to the other.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin