Miss Spring Creek 2011

Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited April 27, 2011 in People
Brian and I had the pleasure of photographing Cassie last week. She won a regional pageant and will be competing for Miss Iowa in June. A pleasure to photograph, here is the image she selected to use for the pageant.

Setup: Einsten in a beauty dish above, camera left and feathered camera right. Large silver reflector camera right for fill. Handheld reflector below for fill. AB800s in stripboxes behind and on either side for rim. AB800 very low power on the backround.

We used this image in our Lightroom/Photoshop workshops demonstrations last week as well. If memory serves us correctly, I created the portrait and then Brian retouched it in our Photoshop workshop. Can't forget the awesome job our beauty team did in getting her make-up and hair just right. Gotta love teamwork!

5642351408_0e776c82b1_b.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Pretty photo & what an honor!
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Beautiful shot. You have some serious flash power at your disposal.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Nice portrait!!

I have no idea who this "Brian" person is that you keep mentioning. Should I?
  • Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Mitchell wrote: »
    Nice portrait!!

I have no idea who this "Brian" person is that you keep mentioning. Should I?

Sorry, business partner. We are a 2 photographer, 2 beauty stylist studio.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Nice portrait IMHO from me as a photobug AND as the mom of Miss Arizona 2003 and Mrs Arizona 2010 this will be great in the state program book. Will they be using color? I hope so, that red dress is smashing! Wonderful pose, very flattering on her waist , which I am sure is tiny enough. I wish her the best at Miss Iowa and perhaps we will all be seeing her compete on stage at Miss America.

My only nit is the hair strays on the right side of photo, her left. The hair light or whatever light ( I have never tried indoor lighting) really make them stand out.
    I am judging a pageant this weekend, so I say Cassie gets 10 out of 10 ! Makeup 10 Hair 9.
    Beautiful portrait !!!wings.gif
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700