Sassy Australian Shepard

ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited April 27, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My sassy guard dog. She's an Australian Shepard/Husky mix. One of the smartest, and most stubborn yet obedient dogs I've ever known. I love this shot of her, she is always so alert and on top of things..... What do you think? Does the editing look good or is there something else you would have done with it? Constructive criticism always welcome...

Have a great day!
Val :lust
I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Nice shot, Val. Looking at the image, the only thing that I can't seem to agree with are the color interaction. In view of this, I would probably recommend a straight conversion to black and white. Then, maybe a little sharpening to the eyes to make it like a portraiture shot. mwink.gif Just a suggestion.
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Thanks Jiro, and now that you say that, I'm definitely going to give it a try. I thought about it, but I just love colors. And eve though I am not a huge fan of selective coloring, I may leave her collar purple.

Always appreciate the input. Thank you!
    I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    Thanks Jiro, and now that you say that, I'm definitely going to give it a try. I thought about it, but I just love colors. And eve though I am not a huge fan of selective coloring, I may leave her collar purple.

Always appreciate the input. Thank you!

Since you're going to give it a try, you might probably want to use a post-process green filter effect to add some contrast. mwink.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited April 26, 2011
    Ok, I think I'm happy with it now. I just felt like the black and white took away from her, and the fact she has so many tones in her fur. I do agree the grass in the first round was over-powering. Thanks again.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    What a beautiful dog -- :D
    edited April 26, 2011
    Why thank you Mary. She really is the best. Can you believe someone left her at the shelter? She's been with me for 2 years now. Ohhh the stories I could share of how sneaky, loving, protective, needy, faithful, bossy, and snugly she is.
  • PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    What a beautiful dog! And a rescue too! Awesome!
    If I were to play around with this shot I would bring up the white levels a little bit...then maybe ad a punch of saturation. That way you'd see more of the brown color in her eye, and the green grass behind her. The shot is great, just needs a little finesse! Good work.
    Robyn T. Lisone
    MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
    MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Why thank you Mary. She really is the best. Can you believe someone left her at the shelter? She's been with me for 2 years now. Ohhh the stories I could share of how sneaky, loving, protective, needy, faithful, bossy, and snugly she is.

Congratulations to you for rescuing a dog clap.gif

Dogs with spirit .. I love dogs like that. Never a dull moment :D